Is this illegal?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Ariathell, Feb 18, 2010.

1. Ariathell

Ariathell Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Ok, I typed in a prepaid credit card into itunes and it had $10 on it, I got some apps with it and stuff and 2 days later itunes tells me they rejected the card and my itunes account owes $10. and my credit card worked with other places, I turned around and bought stuff on amazon with it when itunes wouldn't charge it. But I still have the apps, and I called apple to clear it up and pay for the apps with a different card, but they said there is no deadline on these fees but until I pay I cant use my account. So I thought to myself is this an easy way for pirates to get free stuff? if there is no deadline fee sounds legal though... I just wanted to do research on this to see of this is a whole in itunes or pirates will get caught.
  2. Will Finlay

Will Finlay Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    im sure if you do this with intent to get free apps and music and not intending to pay ever then yes i would class this as illegal.
  3. Blake-

Blake- New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    This sounds very illegal, and Apple will stalk you until they get their money. They will get it one way or another.
  4. Ariathell

Ariathell Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Yes, but I am really interested in how? the card has no information, and the itunes account could have false information. I think apple needs to fix this
  5. Will Finlay

Will Finlay Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    hmm. im sure its not that hard to trace people. i mean i myself am easy to trace as are most people nowadays. but yeah, this is quite ill thought of apple. usually the way payment works is: you enter your card details, it verifies the details, then once the details are correct the transaction goes through. not the other way around.
  6. Ariathell

Ariathell Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Yes but apple has the privacy policy things, idk why apple has it this way, I hope they find out about it and change it
  7. Coca Cola

Coca Cola Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Stop being so random and nice mac!
  8. Ariathell

Ariathell Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
  9. Blake-

Blake- New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    The iPod Touch/iPhone system does have an Location Find feature. Apple has access to any system that gets connected to, or uses wi-fi (AT&T, etc..).
  10. Will Finlay

Will Finlay Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    oh sorry guys. wrong thread! had two tabs of iptf open at the same time this was meant to be the DT screenshot thread * deleted*