Is this going to get old?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DeadlyD™, Jun 28, 2010.

1. DeadlyD™

DeadlyD™ New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Ok hey guys. I'm going to get a iPhone 4 hopefully for my birthday, on July 28, so I hope I can get a white one. Anyways, do you think the iPhone would be good for me?

I've had a iPod Touch 8GB MC model for about half a year. I'm just afraid that I'll get bored of the new iPhone too soon. I mean I know it has a camrea and can do alot of more things, but it's still kinda the same thing. So will this be good for me to buy, or should I go with a diffrent phone?
  2. iTouchTheiPhone

iTouchTheiPhone Active Member

no. i dont think the iphone would be good for you.

Reason: becuase you have to ask people in the internet if itll suit you.
  3. DeadlyD™

DeadlyD™ New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Please don't troll. I'm asking will it still seem "new" after I've had a iPod Touch for six months. Not if I want a iPhone at all.
  4. bgizzle

bgizzle Administrator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    I agree with this. Don't buy the iPhone because it's "interesting". Buy it because it is useful to you. If it doesn't meet that criteria, then don't buy it. Electronics never remain "interesting" for long and you are left using something that you don't need if you buy it without it being useful to you.
  5. Gotanks0407

Gotanks0407 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    the iphone is the best phone plain and simple, and after i got my touch, i knew i needed an iphone as my next phone, and ive had an iphone since the 3G and gotten a new one every year, its the best phone ive had, and my brother has a droid, and i have to say im hooked on the iphone forever i think, go iphone you wont regret it i say
  6. magic8ball88

magic8ball88 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    He wasn't trolling and I would get an android phone if I were you. You have an iPod touch (as do I) and you want to get an iPhone because you liked the iPod (my story)

Now I see more and more android phones pop up I start to get jealous. The touch screen phone thing is really just a nuisance. Texting is considerably more difficult.
  7. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Everything will get old eventually. I mean, if you're already bored with every form of entertainment on your iPod (games/apps/music/videos/web browsing), then what's the point of getting one? Might as well just get a regular phone. I'm not saying whether to get it or not, but if you're bored of all the current features and if you don't see yourself using the new iPhone 4 features (FaceTimes, HD video recording etc), then I don't think you necessarily need it, you just want it. And that's not really a good reason to buy something. But sure if you have money lying around and you don't mind feeling that it was a waste of money, then go ahead, it's your choice really.
  8. DeadlyD™

DeadlyD™ New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    OMG! bgizzle posted on my thread! IM NEVER WASHING THAT POST AGAIN!

Anywasy, I guess I'll buy the iPhone. Anyone know the date the white one comes out on in the US?
  9. Aiwa

Aiwa Well-Known Member

Buy it because you need it, not because it's interesting. If you love smartphoes, that can do pretty much anything, then you know what to do.
  10. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I would say buy the iPhone. I went from an iPod Touch to a Zune HD because I didn't want more of the same, and ended up missing the system that I was familiar with despite all of the cool bells and whistles the Zune provided.