is this device real or is it just in my dreams?

Discussion in 'Computing, Science, and Technology' started by frightenedcow, Jun 25, 2009.

1. frightenedcow

frightenedcow New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i have a standard TV set and want to get the screen of my downstairs computer on that TV. ive seen a few methods but non of them are cheap and easy. i have this awesome design in my head that would be perfect for my situation. alls i need is the box over the TV. a box that would get on the local network and have a sort of VNC viewer that will connect to any computer on the network that has a VNC server. this would be so awesome to have but ive never seen this anywhere. ive seen whole routers that you put next to the TV and have audio and video out but they are like $150. does ANYONE know if the device that i have drawn even EXISTS? it would be the perfect PC to TV tool for any setup that has a wireless network.

Please Register or Log in to view images

please post if you have seen anything like this.
  2. defiled

defiled New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Not sure about what you mean.

But you could control your pc with Jaadu VNC, and connect your iPod with the TV, with AV cables.
  3. frightenedcow

frightenedcow New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    oh come on its so simple. besides i could do that sept that would be real choppy.
  4. iPoTH4CK3R

iPoTH4CK3R Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I don't know about that.

I have personally never seen anything like it. It seems like a good idea, in theory.

But I'd imagine it would be very laggy/slow/choppy if you were to attempt this. Good luck though, I hope you can find something. If not let me know, because I might just invent this then. ahah
  5. Evostance

Evostance Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Yes it is possible, but you might aswell just plug your computer directly into your TV via cable
  6. iPoTH4CK3R

iPoTH4CK3R Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    How is this possible? Have you seen one of those devices?

If so, please provide link or somewhere we can find it. If not, then no this isn't possible.
  7. 42395_skyline

42395_skyline Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    just plug your computer into your tv with a cable then control you computer with you ipod then that will show it on the tv. done.
  8. johonto

johonto New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Isn't there like a apple tv mod that lets u do that?
  9. NickGray

NickGray Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    It can be done, but not in the way of the drawing. A graphics card I bought recently had TV support and came with a S-Video cord that plugs into a slot on the graphics card and into a standard A/V Jack (the yellow one) and i can use my TV as a monitor.

10. frightenedcow

frightenedcow New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    im trying to bypass the need for running a cable to my TV. i dont have a video card that has an S-video out. it was just an idea anyways. im sure the chinese have already thought of it though.