Is this a good laptop?

Discussion in 'Computing, Science, and Technology' started by Cl8rs, Oct 12, 2010.

1. Cl8rs

Cl8rs Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
  2. iPwn

iPwn Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
  3. Cl8rs

Cl8rs Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ehh, its brown....I know I sound cheap/shallow, but I just don't like it

Please Register or Log in to view images

I have to use this laptop for college and other tasks.
  4. iPwn

Device:
    Nexus 4
  5. Brand0n777

Brand0n777 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Haha... "15 new from $549.99 1 refurbished from $668.00 " Kind of messed up dont you think?
  6. Ezekeel

Ezekeel New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Do you want to play 3D games on it? Do you want to edit videos? Do you want to do professional graphic design? Do you need some larger processor or graphic power for other applications? If you can answer all these questions with a 'no', I would suggest you buy a 13" sub-notebook. These have enough power to get nearly all things done you could need for college, have an exceptional battery runtime (7h+) and are light and cheap compared to a full blown laptop.
  7. Cl8rs

Cl8rs Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    The main things I do on a computer is iTunes(listen to music and sync iPods), Photoshop, Windows Movie Maker, browse Internet(Mostly YouTube and Facebook), and other little tasks. I don't play games though, at all.
  8. Lux2GS

Lux2GS Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    • 15.6-inch HD widescreen CineCrystal LED-backlit display
      Perfectly Okay
    • 2.3 GHz AMD Turion II dual-core processor (2 MB total dedicated L2 cache) with AMD's VISION Technology, which combines cutting-edge processing and video power that allows you to experience vivid web and video content, sharp photos and crystal-clear music.
      Good for daily use, but you will quickly run into laggs with modern games. (unless you play minecraft like me xD)
    • 320 GB SATA hard drive (5400 RPM)
      I would personally prefer 500GB-1TB as 320 is fairly low.
    • 4 GB of installed DDR3 RAM (1066 MHz)
      I don't understand why DDR3 on this processor, but okay
    • ATI Radeon HD 4250 graphics provide exceptional features, performance and power-efficiencies that enrich what you see and do.
      Okay
    • 8x SuperMulti DVD±R/RW drive can also write to CD, DVD-RAM, and dual-layer (DL) DVD±R discs--which can hold up to 8.5 GB of data.
      Lightscribe would be better, but okay
    • 1.3-megapixel HD webcam lets you go face to face in online chats and VOIPs with 1280 x 1024 resolution, and easily take still pictures and videos that you can share with friends.
      Who ever needs that

Please Register or Log in to view images

Facetime laptop xD
    • Stereo speakers with High Definition Audio support
      Standart
    • Wireless-N Wi-Fi (802.11b/g/n) for ultra-fast connectivity to home and business networks.
      Standart
    • Gigabit Ethernet (10/100/1000)
      No Idea what that is
    • Multi-Gesture Touchpad allows you to pinch, flick and swirl your fingers across the touchpad for more natural photo and video viewing as well as intuitive navigation of websites such as Google Earth. It also enables you to scroll, zoom in and out and flip through Web pages, photos, spreadsheets and more.
      Standart
    • Multi-in-1 Digital Media Card Reader compatible with Secure Digital (SD), MultiMediaCard (MMC), Memory Stick (MS), Memory Stick PRO (MS PRO), xD-Picture Card (xD)
      Standart
    • 3 USB ports
      Standart
    • HDMI high-definition audio/video output allows a single cable to transmit uncompressed high-definition video to your digital TV or LCD
      Good
    • Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit) makes it easy to create a home network and share all of your favorite photos, videos, and music. And you can watch shows for free when and where you want with Internet TV on Windows Media Center. Get the best entertainment experience with Windows 7 Home Premium.
      A must!
    • Get more features with Windows Anytime Upgrade. It's the best way to add features to Windows 7, takes as few as ten minutes, requires no software or downloads, and you'll keep your existing programs, files, and settings. Windows will walk you through the simple upgrade process.
      That's standart for Windows, you won't need it anyways.
    • 6-cell lithium-ion battery (4400 mAh)
      Okay
    Overall: I think you should look a bit more, you might get a better offer for better specs.
  9. Ezekeel

Ezekeel New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Well, iTunes is no problem as well as internet stuff. Photoshop and Windows Movie Maker both run well on my 13" with 1.3Ghz Core2-Duo ULV processor and on-chip graphic, however you might miss the screen size of a 15" if you want to do some serious things. The best thing you can do to decide is go into some computer store and see if a 13" screen is large enough for your needs.

Also, think about how important battery life is to you. If you have a power source most of the time you use it, restricting yourself with the screen size and processor power of a 13" might not be neccessary. On the other hand, if you know you will have to rely on the battery often, the trade-off of a smaller screen and slower processor of a 13" might be worth the much better battery-runtime.
  10. iPwn

Device:
    Nexus 4
    Yeah but ULVs have insane amounts of cache.