Is this a good case idea???

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Xettexl, Apr 21, 2008.

1. Xettexl

Xettexl New Member

Ok well I'll be getting either a 8gb ipod touch or 16gb ipod touch soon.(2-3weeks =D) But yeah I was thinking of getting an full body invisible shield on it then just slap on a merkury silicone case on it aswell.

IMHO I think the IS + Silicone case would be a great idea. But I'd rather have drop protection. Because I'd rather have a scratch on the back of my ipod touch then a dent...or crack..because even though the IS will pretty much scratch proof my ipod touch..it wont protect it from a drop. And alot of hard cases don't fit with a ipod touch and a IS on it. But yeah...

Now I will probably only have a few $$ after I buy my ipod touch in a few weeks. Probably only have like $20.00 left.

So I was planning on buying the Griffin Reflect Case at walmart for like around $20.

Now this is my plan
    You know that stock screen protector that is already on the ipod touch when you buy it.
    I was planning on doing this, use that stock screen protector and put it on the back of my ipod touch to protect it from scratches. Then use the screen protector that comes with the Griffin Reflect Case and put it on the screen. Then just put my ipod touch in the case. This will give my ipod touch drop protection, screen protection, and well back protection. Do you think this is a good idea??

Oh yah just a note I might get the griffin iclear case instead not sure which of the two I'll get yet..
  2. flattop95

flattop95 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    its seems like it'd be kinda bulky but go for it!
  3. kf6tac

kf6tac New Member

So wait, you're planning on taking the stock screen protector off the front side... and then putting it on the back side? That might be a bit difficult; the plastic film that comes on the front loses a lot of its adhering power once you peel it off once, and also has a tendency to completely curl up on itself after it's been removed.

If you can spare the extra $15, one of the Power Support film sets (either crystal or anti-glare, depending on your preference) might work well for what you're planning, since they come with both a front and back film. You can probably find a set for cheaper on eBay or something if you look (but don't quote me on that).
  4. Xettexl

Xettexl New Member

Yeah I was thinking of buying the anti-glare but if I can get the stock protector to semi-keep straight enough and put it on the back fast enough before it curls up then it'll be all good.
    But yeah thanks for the tip about the whole stock protector curling up thing. Didn't know it did that afterwards. But if something like it curling up goes wrong then I'll just beg my parents to get me the anti-glare film aswell.

We'll see what happens thanks for the tip though.
  5. SeeFreaky

SeeFreaky New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Well, if your budget's a little tight, than go for your current setup, but the screen protector will eventually get scratched up. I still think that you should go for the invisible shield. After all, there IS a lifetime warranty, if you buy it off ShieldZone.
  6. Xettexl

Xettexl New Member

Yeah the IS is a great film/protector I have one on my black zune 80gb. But I need drop protection, because I've seen an ipod touch fall like 5ft and 9 inches off the ground with an IS on it and see it get dented in the end... So yeah rather have drop protection.
  7. SeeFreaky

SeeFreaky New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    You should get a leather case than, because as someone said somewhere else on this forum, Leather protects the best because it buckles under pressure and disperses energy, but silicone doesn't do it AS well. Also, alot of leather cases are only slightly more expensive than the other cases, and plus, it looks awesome, and it doesn't attract dust.
  8. TheAsianJedi

TheAsianJedi Banned

do anything you want with your money
    or save for a better case
  9. HaGGardSmurf

HaGGardSmurf New Member

Buy one of those screen protectors and put it on the back. Then put it in the case. The front will never scratch. The back in a case wont scratch either... An for drop protection... Ive dropped my iPod once and it just fell and didnt reach the ground because the headphones held it up.

Just my opinion but I think your going over the top. Your compromising its sleek style and look because you dont want a scratch on the back? If its in a case, when are you going to see the back?
  10. SeeFreaky

SeeFreaky New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Would you rather compromise the sleekness of your iPod, or would you like to compromise the safety of your iPod? Without a case to protect it from the impact of a fall, you can say hello to dents, and a broken ipod.