Is this a bug in 2.2?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by heymikey, Nov 22, 2008.

1. heymikey

heymikey New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I installed the 2.2 firmware yesterday but I found out that when I put my ipod to sleep, it would stop the current running application (except for music). For example, before I updated the firmware, I could go on to an online radio application like Flycast and put my ipod to sleep (just to close the screen), but the application would still run (which I prefer). But now, when I put it to sleep, it would shut the application down. This is a problem since I use this particular application called "Asleep" which runs some soothing music to get me to sleep. I always turn off the screen when I run the application. Is there a way to prevent my ipod from shutting down an application when I put it to sleep?
  2. Anonymouslyanonymous

Anonymouslyanonymous Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well I guess apple may have designed it like that on purpose to help improve battery life. Cos apps consume ram when their running, and the ram uses up the battery.
  3. heymikey

heymikey New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    So is there a way to turn off this feature? I'd like to have certain apps run even though I've put my ipod to sleep.
  4. exit1010

exit1010 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    well that is a shame... i like that feature... well someone here need to make a 'fix' for it.