Is this a 3.0 GM 'Feature' or bug?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0' started by _JKK_, Jun 9, 2009.

1. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    First off, my device is an iPod touch 1st gen. Second, I am running the iPhone OS 3.0 GM. In Safari, whenever I type in either the Google search bar or the URL bar, the keys stay magnified until I touch another one. Why is that? On the screenshot below, I swear I wasn't touching a key. Kinda strange. It isn't bad, but it is different. Also, has anyone else noticed that the music controls are different? Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Keys don't stick for me, must be something weird to do with you, no idea though. In what way do you mean the music controls are different?
  3. Chucky102

Chucky102 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    When your iPod is connected to the computer, double tapping will show a "dock" thing...
    And if you don't have some headphones connected, the volume bar will not show on the Music.app.
  4. _JKK_

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Ok, scratch the stikky keys, a reboot fixed that. Now, about the music controls being different: whenever no headphones are present, it says dock connector, even when there is no dock. But when headphones are present, it is fine. Normal?
  5. Chucky102

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Yes! It's normal!
    Mines does the same. =)
  6. _JKK_

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Ok, good. Dilemma over! Thanks for the help!
  7. Chucky102

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    You're Welcomed!
    Think of it this way.
    When it's connected to the computer or dock, why would you need the volume slider thing? If it's connected to some speakers, well can't you just tune it up there and not on the iPod? And when it's not connected, well you have the normal volume thing.
  8. _JKK_

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Yeah, it is pretty smart, but different, so I freaked. Other than that, though, 3.0 is the best update I have ever done. I love the battery life and speed I am getting. You?
  9. Chucky102

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I love the speed. I just feel it when i close apps actually, the fading animation makes it more noticeable. And I haven't accoutered a crash or bug yet. It's pretty stable, and I'm loving all the new features.
  10. _JKK_

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Yeah, same with me. No bugs, cept for the sticky keys. I don't know if that will be widespread, or just me. It was kinda cool, though. It almost seemed like it added feedback, its hard to describe.