is there

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by berky93, Aug 24, 2008.

1. berky93

berky93 New Member

is there an app to backup and restore icon order in fw 2.x.x?

every time I reboot my ipod (which is ofern, because of crashes, needing to reboot to finish an install, etc) I need to do this to get my ipod to fully boot:

1) use iphone browser to rename /private/var/mobile/applications to applications2

2) when my ipod boots, rename applications2 back to applications

3) sync my ipod with itunes to get my app store apps back

4) re-organize my icons, because they get unorganized when I sync with itunes to restore them (its like re-installing them, but without the data loss)

I really hate having to re-order my icons EVERY time I reboot, so is there an app or maybe just a good system to quickly restore icon order? I already tried backing up n45ap.plist but that files doesnt deal with app store apps.
  2. Steaps

Steaps New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I know that through Settings you can restore default icon order now. It puts the default apps first then the AppStore apps second. But your saying everytime you reboot your icon order gets messed up?
  3. agarwal1

agarwal1 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Not yet, I know there was one for 1.1.4 but I haven't seen one for 2.0.
  4. berky93

berky93 New Member

pretty much, yeah.

what happens is my ipod gets stuck on reboot. to fix this you have to rename applications to applications2 and wait for it to boot, then name it back.

but the problem is doing that makes your ipod think you deleted all your apps, and so they dont appear. so you have to sync with itunes to get them back. this causes the icon order to be completely random.