Is there Music Player app?

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by stygian, Jul 4, 2009.

1. stygian

stygian New Member

I am looking for an app that replaces the default ipod music player. Specifically, I am looking for something that would remember where an audio file stopped playing.

I enjoy listening to audio books, most of which are mp3s I copy over to my ipod touch. Some tracks are often an hour or more. The default music player is a bit frustrating, because I can't just start playing another audio file (or even another video file) without the music player forgetting where I stopped my audio book file. So I have to remember that I was 32:34 minutes into chapter 24 (or whatever), then I have to use the awkward touch slider at the top with my bulky finger to try to get near to where I left off.

So ... is there an alternate music player that will 'remember' where I stop on a particular audio file, or perhaps something that will allow multiple audio sessions to be open (not running at the same time, mind you, but just multiple audio files open and queued up, waiting to be played)?

Any advice would be appreciated.
  2. Ari.

Ari. Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    my music player (default) on iphone remember where a track is last played somehow, i skip to a differant song, go back to the other song and its where i left off

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. Octizzle

Octizzle Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    well for starting videos where you left off go to settings>ipod>scroll to video and select where left off for start playing toggle.
    dunno about music though
  4. cembarnard

cembarnard New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Use AudioBooks instead of mp3's

Sounds like you need to convert the mp3 files into an AudioBook.
    When you listen to an AudioBook it remembers where you were last time you played it as a standard feature.

There is a free application for PC windows which converts one or more mp3 files into an AudioBook - search for AudioBookConverter.
    Unfortunately it does not create chapters but is better than nothing.

You end up with a m4b file which iTunes recognises as an AudioBook file.
  5. lukage

lukage New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    go into settings, music and there will be an option to have tracks start where they last got to
  6. gunzmaiet

gunzmaiet New Member

in iTunes, select all songs, go to get info>Options tab and make Remember Position on

this affects all your iTunes on your computuer too
  7. ssddyakno

ssddyakno New Member

I would get ahold of a program that will allow you to break one file into multiple files. You could insert a break like every 8 minutes or so? Just a thought.