is there anyway to jailbreak an ipod touch 2g without installing libusb?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by muziklvr, Feb 10, 2009.

1. muziklvr

muziklvr New Member

because I've already tried twice and both times my computer crashed. and my dad said if i do it again he won't fix it. so i don't wanna try. any ideas?

- I already know the run in compatability mode thing for libusb but i don't wanna risk it again
  2. supahsain

supahsain New Member

What operating system are you using
  3. muziklvr

muziklvr New Member

I'm using Vista
  4. fnybny

fnybny New Member

i am asking the same question
  5. blazemaster300

blazemaster300 New Member

hahahahaha, the same thing happened to me and I ended up getting the blue screen so I got scared and I thought I had lost all my irreplaceable files (videos and pictures that I had taken), but once I uninstalled it in safe mode, I booted normally, disconnected all USB devices, put the program in compatibility mode, and finally installed. The only problem I've had is that even then when I left my computer on once for like an hour unattended it went back to the blue screen, but I haven't had any more problems since then.
  6. toor0033

toor0033 New Member

Use some of the GUIs around the site. There are a few that don't require installation of LibUSB. I use one myself. Forgot the name, though.
  7. NobleRooster

NobleRooster New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I was helping a friend of mine jailbreak his iPod when I jailbroke mine and went to install libusb and sh*t went haywire. Which is rather odd, because we both have vista, and I installed libusb on mine, and nothing went wrong. But on his it messed up every one of his USB ports, LAN and wirless devices, headphone/mic. jacks, etc. So i had to go back through and disable, then enable them all again and uninstall libusb. Such a pain.

But there are so many tools out there now, just look around and if you're unsure, PM the person that created it, I'm sure they can tell you.

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. sconethief

sconethief Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    try Redtool. its testing out an experiment that rids the need of Libusb.