Is there anyway to fix a bricked iPod Touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by jeenewed, Jun 6, 2009.

1. jeenewed

jeenewed New Member

I'm thinking about jailbreaking my iTouch. My only real concern is bricking it. I know the chances of that happening are low and everything but if it does happen, basically I'm screwed and have to buy a new one? Or is there a way to fix it?
  2. bobby681

bobby681 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Well the definition of a 'brick' is that it cant be fixed without hardware change. So if the worst happens, which it wont unless you're doing something you really shouldn't be doing without knowledge of what you're doing, you'll have to send it to apple to get it fixed.
  3. Hams

Hams New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Many people says that it's nearly impossible to "brick" your iPod. For me there aren't impossible things in this world ; ). But also, I can say, that JailBraking is 99% safe. So, I strongly recommend for you to JailBreak your iPod.
  4. Kayzo

Kayzo Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    It is nearly impossible to brick your iPod by trying to jailbreaking it. The only ways of bricking it, is if you WANT TO brick it. Normal activities such as jailbreaking it won't brick it, and if you do have a problem, 999 out of 1000 times, you can fix it easily.
  5. Tom_L222

Tom_L222 Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    It is 100% impossible to brick your iPod from jailbreaking it. You can always DFU and restore if something goes wrong.
  6. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    The Dev Teams have tried to brick them on purpose you can always DFU as it is in the hardware not the software part of the iPhones and iPod touches.