Is there anyway for me to keep my apps and themes after jailbreaking???

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Jailbreak' started by HoboJoe4Eva, Feb 11, 2008.

1. HoboJoe4Eva

HoboJoe4Eva New Member

I don't know if it's worth it. I have so many things and cool themes that I have backed up but it'll still be a *****.

Also what are the changes in the new version I know about the moving icons and I think web videos other than YouTube (that works now right?)

Anyway I just really want to know if I can keep my stuff because I don't ahve to arrange it and dl it all again. >.<
  2. HoboJoe4Eva

HoboJoe4Eva New Member

I forgot to ask also...

Can the new dock still be the old one if you chose? I like the size of the current dock and I really don't want the new one.
  3. Whosthatrandom

Whosthatrandom New Member

As long as you don't restore first, when you jailbreak all of your app's settings will be kept. That includes all your Themes and ROMs. So all you'd have to do would be reinstall your apps, and they'd work just as they did before. Actually, you might have to copy some of the settings from /private/var/root/Library/ to /private/var/mobile/Library/ but that's not much of a problem, really.

Another solution is to backup your /private/var/root/Library/ directory, restore to 1.1.1 and get back to jailbroken 1.1.2, then soft upgrade to 1.1.3, then copy the folder to /private/var/mobile/Library/
  4. GarnetNGold

GarnetNGold Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Before you jailbreak and if you want to keep all your apps and music and videos copy these folders.

/Applications
    /private/var/root/Library
    /private/var/root/Media

then copy them back in after you are done jailbreaking 1.1.3