Is there anybody who can make apps?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by gadgetsboyj, Jan 1, 2008.

1. gadgetsboyj

gadgetsboyj Banned

Hi. I have a jailbroken 1.1.2 16GB iPod Touch. I changed a file to make it think its an iPhone. It says No Service where the Carrier Image should be. Is there such thing as an application that can make it think its activated? I can't re-jailbreak using the AppSnapp installer because I'm on 1.1.2 firmware and it patches the exploit it uses anyway. I tried AnySim and it bricked my iPod (Had to restore and re-jailbreak). Is there a file I can change to make it think its activated? Is there anyone who can make an application to do so. I always use different carrier images with Customize, but I can only change No Service to words, not images. Any help would be appriciated. Thanks in Advance.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Hazed

Hazed Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    What possible reason do you have for wanting it to "think" it had an active service?
  3. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

iPod Touch != iPhone. Any app specifically designed for the iPhone is not going to work on the Touch.

Download Customize, and add some custom carrier images from the Customize themes category in Installer. Then go into Customize and change your carrier image.
  4. optikalblitz

optikalblitz New Member

include the 4 bars of service in your carrier image? that way you're only modifying your carrier image and don't need need to "change a file to make it think it's an iPhone" <-- you're just asking for trouble
  5. gadgetsboyj

gadgetsboyj Banned

iPod Touch iPhone

I already changed the file and it works fine. I like being able to see the SMS and Phone apps on the Springboard and not just the Dock Application. I also get the option to make an Emergency Call on the screen where you put in the passcode. I just need a way to trick an iPhone into thinking its activated. It would probably work. I need help finding a way to trick it.
  6. JustinCarpenter

JustinCarpenter New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    There are tutorials to get those applications to show up on the Springboard
  7. skyline_-

skyline_- New Member

Are you wanting it to actually work? Or just look like it?

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. optikalblitz

optikalblitz New Member

Yeah, i'm with stupid. What's your real goal here?

You keep saying 'trick it into thinking it's activated'..does that mean display service bars..or what?
  9. gadgetsboyj

gadgetsboyj Banned

"Trick"

I want to trick it into thinking its activated. It doesn't need to display signal bars because the images I have for Customize already have fake Signal Bars. Is there anyone who knows how to trick an iPhone into thinking its activated?
    Here are some screenshots of my iPod Touch.
  10. optikalblitz

optikalblitz New Member

Ok this seems to be going in circles. Define: "thinking it's activated" please.

Like, what's an iPod/Phone going to act like when it's been tricked?