Is there any possible way to jailbreak in 1.1.2

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by chelc478, Dec 24, 2007.

1. chelc478

chelc478 New Member

I'm getting my ipod touch tomorrow, and i'm assuming its going to be in 1.1.2 since my parents bought it in december. But on youtube there are videos for jailbreaking that work for 1.1.1 and 1.1.2, but i think that is only for the iphone.

So is there a possible way to jailbreak my ipod touch in 1.1.2 or do i have to take a million steps to downgrade? And if I do downgrade, is there a way to get the 1.1.2 features back onto it? Sorry, I'm pretty new at this...
  2. Night-Hawk

Night-Hawk New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    please search before you post a new topic!!!!!!

It has been explained soooooo many times!!!!
    just search and you will find all the answers about jailbreaking.....

Bye
  3. chelc478

chelc478 New Member

well obviously it's not clear enough or I wouldn't have posted a thread. On youtube they make it seem like it's possible so i was just seeing if that was true.
  4. Joseph

Joseph Retired Moderator

Uhm, hey listen, downgrading is pretty easy just, download the iPod 1.1.1 firmware (search, it's posted on the forums) and then go to iTunes, shift+click the "Restore" button and you'll see a browse window, select the firmware, and there, you've downgraded, then jailbreak, install oktoprep, and follow the steps on the jailbreak guide, (If you didn't find youtube's guides useful, use the ones on this forum: Jailbreak section, they're stickied) and there, you'll have a jailbroken 1.1.2 firmware ^^

If you still have any questions, PM me, and I will gladly answer.
    Merry Christmas.

@Night-Hawk
    You're post was kinda rude, why post if it's not going to help o_o..
    He has a point though... try searching before posting ^^.