Is There any point on upgrading

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by mobster, Mar 12, 2008.

1. mobster

mobster New Member

Hi everyone

new to the these forums
    i spent the last couple of days trying sevral different ways on jailbreaking my 16gb ipod touch

1.1.1 jailbreak me
    1.1.2 java jailbreak+SSH
    1.1.3 didnt bother
    1.1.4 ziphone clicking a few times + itouchables
    only luck with itouchable.de version after 3 goes. then couldnt do it agian. while on 1.1.4 jailbroken on 16gb i found it was so unstable and when i typed in a new source eg ipodtoucmaster.com/files/repo.xml it would crash and id have to reset just from using a keyboard.
    i mean im not judging but mac's dont crash like windows do. do they?

then i come to thought why bother upgrading?
    1.1.1 with jailbreak gets iphone apps still right?
    whats 1.1.4 got that 1.1.1 dont really? music? videos? internet?

then i thought why doesnt someone make a damn 1 click program
    without all these crap ways. just like jailbreakme.com
    now i know it was a TIFF exploit BUT cmon man, something easy like that.

and jailbreaking via installer TAKES FOREVER!!!!

anyone else have any thoughts???
  2. EMPaighton™

EMPaighton™ New Member

Upgrading to any new FW is normally a double edged sword.

I used to be on 1.1.2 because i couldn't get customize/themes to work on 1.1.3

but i realized i used the wiggle feature too much and the updated google maps app to not have them. so i stuck with 1.1.3 and eventually fixed everything.

Customize, SMB, TTR with GH3 mod, iPhysics all work. Nothing crashes on me, it's all fine.

I have yet to upgrade and test 1.1.4 just because they're still working out a few kinks in it apparently.

I might not even bother at all, i never use lyrics, so improved scrolling does me no good. my volume is plenty loud. i don't have an iPhone so better/worse sms doesn't bother me.

I agree on the hassle of upgrading to a new FW, having to reinstall everything reupdate music and crap. Which is why i'm sticking with 1.1.3 for now. Everyone complains about it being too "buggy" but as far as i'm concerned everything works fine for me. People are just to lazy to make a few fixs, symlinks or whatever else to get stuff to work.

but if upgrading to a jailbroken FW was as easy as one-click programs, it wouldn't be the same. I've worked with computers for most of my life, and i take every chance i can to learn something new. and holy f*** a big ass moth just flew on my monitor and scared the sh*t out of me. -.-

but when i first got my ipod touch i was at a loss to figure out how to turn it on. i clicked both buttons, home, sleep, and then i finally just held it and was like well sh*t. probably could've learned that by reading the instructions, but i like figuring things out for myself.

i have no idea why i'm typing so much. but basically, do what you want. if you don't want to mess around and learn how to fix things, then stick with 1.1.1 or 1.1.2. but i wouldn't recommend asking a bunch of 13 year olds what to do with your $300+ piece of fun.
  3. ralliart12

ralliart12 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    This part cracks me up. Instantly.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Good answer...& I'm still on v1.1.2 btw.
  4. EMPaighton™

EMPaighton™ New Member

haha it seriously did though. lights were off and only my monitor was on, and it comes flying in and i was like THE f***KKKKK.

f***er got away before i could kill it.
  5. demoncontrol

demoncontrol New Member

that happened to me once almost passed out abd it made a buzzimg noise creepy.......
  6. raze94

raze94 New Member

well just stick to 1.1.2 there isnt much the 1.1.3 or 1.1.4 can do that the 1.1.2 cant. actually to my knowledge just about everthing works except for some customize stuff the was upgraded to be functional with 1.1.3 and 1.1.4 only. also the wiggle function which i think is useless cause you can rearrange your apps on customize anyway. ive tried tons of apps and games on my ipot with no problems at all. before you start doing all kinds of crazy stuff with your device i suggest you decide which version you will be using and stick to it. its a bit of a hassle to get everything you want on your device and decide later to try another firmware.
  7. EMPaighton™

EMPaighton™ New Member

imo wiggle is very useful just for it's convenience.

i use it whenever i install new apps, to keep my bottom rows clear since summerboard apparently doesn't have that option anymore.

it's all a matter of personal needs/preference.

as i said in my first post, do whatever you're comfortable with, not what someone else is comfortable with.
  8. Sianspheric

Sianspheric New Member

I'm running 1.1.1

havent really touched any settings or thought about upgrading in a while.

although some apps in Installer are saying 1.1.3 only :/