Is there any kind of word processing application?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Furniss12, Apr 1, 2008.

1. Furniss12

Furniss12 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    which when you transfer to your pc, then you can open the ipod file with Microsoft word?
  2. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    HUH?!!? You boggled my mind with your cryptic question.
  3. jwasafrog

jwasafrog New Member

Mobile Textedit can be opened in Word. It will just be a text only file.
  4. Nt1440

Nt1440 New Member

im sure im not the first to notice this, but the mail app can read things such as .doc files, has any developers looked into how? and mayb implementing it into a new standalone app?
  5. jeek

jeek New Member

If ipod Touch gets a proper Pages or Word read write and save facility, I'M BUYING ONE.
    Had a PDA but ran into repeated sync problems with Mac - figure that's a Microsoft thing . . had to throw the thing away in the end.
  6. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    It's been around for a while... Quickoffice Mobile Office Suite (Word, Excel, and WiFi)

$20.
  7. flyingguitar

flyingguitar Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    bump

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Quickoffice Mobile Office Suite (Word, Excel, and WiFi) offers Microsoft Word and Excel document creation, editing, and deletion. Not sure if it supports .docx or any of the new formats, and there are some downsides, but overall it's great for quick editing. Copy and paste will help it a lot.
  9. himynameisjuan

himynameisjuan Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I'd personally just stick with the Notes.app. You can type whatever needs to be typed on there first, then transfer it to Word (either email + copy-paste or wait until 3.0 for Notes sync) and add all the headers, formatting, et cetera.
    Also, 3.0 will add things like Cut/Copy/Paste and shake to undo, and landscape keyboard, but it's really up to you if you're looking for a more efficient way.
  10. emmapocketsize

emmapocketsize New Member

Free Word Processor Apps I Like

Hi! I am 13 years old and hope to become an author.
    I got an itouch for Xmas and have finally found an alright word processor.
    It is called Documents and it isn't amazing - it doesn't have bold or italics, font sizes or styles - it is just the word processor itself with no frills. It has spell check and it is free! Well the version I have is and it is all I need.
    This program also generates spreadsheets if you want and other type documents.
    For a free app it is good. You can email it to your main computer, where you can open it as a word doc. or paste it into Word and do all the editing stuff

This app doesn't use an add on keyboard but you get used to the itouch screen - I'm doing this on my iPod now and I'm getting pretty quick

Hope this helps!!
    Emma
    PS I also use Sundry Notes, Evernote and occasionally Dragon Dictation - all great free apps, in order of my fave to least fave