Is there any chance?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rex450se, Sep 6, 2009.

1. rex450se

rex450se Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Is there any chance I could sav my iPhone 3g? One of my kids just knocked it off of the computer dexk and onto the carpet. Any previous phone would have taken it like a champ. However this one is stuck on a white screen. Is there anything I can do to try to fix this. I can hear when I unlock from the lock screen so I know it is still working just not the screen. Is there any chance?

Victor
  2. daconcerror

daconcerror Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    hold down your home and power button till the screen goes black, then try and turn it on. If that doesnt work try pluggin it into your computer, this should make the apple logo appear, if not itll show up in itunes anyway and you can try restorin
  3. Awesome

Awesome Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Protip: First thing you do always when your iPhone is messed up, plug it in the computer, then DFU restore.
  4. daconcerror

daconcerror Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    no that isnt a flippin protip, in most cases it can be fixed without a restore. that is just incase you cant do anything else
  5. ParrotBoy

ParrotBoy Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Lol, flippin'

Probably broke something inside, not a software fault. I would say its busted.
  6. daconcerror

daconcerror Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    na cuz this has happened to me b4, was playing asphalt 4 and ma sister rolled over and kicked ma ipod (stupid girl) i could hear it but couldnt see anything, held the two buttons plugged in to itunes, worked perfectly
  7. leadergo

leadergo Active Member

That is very wrong. You never ever restore at the first step. This problem could be completely fixable, avoiding a restore. Just hold home and power until it turns off. Then turn it on with the power button.
  8. Ulysses_609

Ulysses_609 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    with that kind of advice its hard to believe your a "pro" lol
    im gonna put that in my sig lol
    anyways back to the topic... like stated above many problems can be solved by doing a hard reset. a DFU mode restore should be used as a last resort.
  9. rex450se

rex450se Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Well I took it in this morning to an Apple Store this morning just to see what it would cost to fix. The "genius" I had said it may just be a cord unpluged inside the phone. Took it to the back and about 5 minutes later brought it out working. Didn't charge me anything but said that the next time it happens the screen may need replaced. Very happy and surprised at the outcome. Was expecting to just get a quote as to how much it would cost to fix and walked out with it fixed for free.

Victor
  10. Ulysses_609

Ulysses_609 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    thats good that you didnt have to pay, you must have got one of the nicer "geniuses"