is there any better pdf reader than pdf viewer exist?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by alirezatmt, Mar 17, 2008.

1. alirezatmt

alirezatmt New Member

is there any better pdf reader than pdf viewer exist?
    pdf viewer sucks in zooming and paging documents , it has no bookmark and other options .
  2. Snowspot

Snowspot New Member

You should probably use an apache server, it makes viewing PDF's a little easier than the actual program.. however... you still lose your page, then end up scrolling through dozens of pages. It's dumb as hell.

Whoever devved this thing should get off his ass, he could have an amazing app here... imagine you could find certain words in the PDF, cut and paste text, cut pictures out, cut specific pages out and make them their own PDF... It could be amazing... or it could be like it is now, borderline unusable.
  3. alirezatmt

alirezatmt New Member

i think programmer should develop better pdf reader .
  4. Willberto

Willberto New Member

As far as losing your page, just make an icon on your home screen bookmark, it will save the place.
  5. Bernstein229

Bernstein229 New Member

What about iphpPod. It reads PDF files. I am going to test it out now.

EDIT: Its the same viewer a Apache. But the good thing is that it stores itself on the larger portion of the hard disk. But another thing thats bad is the 10 MB max file size.
  6. crunchbot

crunchbot New Member

yeah he SHOULD get off his ass to make you something for free. Why don't you do it if it's so easy? Perhaps its not as straightforward as you think to make programs.
  7. Snowspot

Snowspot New Member

I think it's crazy he doesn't do an update, I would think a programmer would want to get his name out there. There aren't any real PDF readers, bringing one on to the touch would give a programmer exposure to thousands of users, who will then probably download his next programming project. He doesn't have to get off his ass, I don't mind, I think it's crazy he doesn't though

Please Register or Log in to view images

It's a missed opportunity and someone is just going to develop another and this old one will fade into obscurity.
  8. marko

marko New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    ever thought that he might be waiting for the app store? these guys put in a lot of work and maybe we expect too much for free. having said that, a little treat now and then would make people more desperate and willing to pay for the full fledged version.
  9. Snowspot

Snowspot New Member

I would never pay for a PDF reader... it would have to be an extra option with something.
  10. marko

marko New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)

then i guess you really have no right to complain about the author not doing anything to something that is FREE