Is there any app that...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jomac4694, Apr 7, 2009.

1. jomac4694

jomac4694 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Supports msn, i just got my touch 2g yesterday and have msn on it using meebo, but everytime i leave it to go do other things it just signs me out. So is there some sort of app that doesnt do this and also alerts you when you have a new message. Also is there a way to take off the auto spellcheck, its a pain in the ass.
  2. Duykur

Duykur Banned

Unfortunatly apple doesn't allow background proccess on the ipod touch. So unless you use a jailbroken app, it will quit once you press home and your connection will be lost.

Apple fixed this with a little function called "push". So the MSN server "pushes" messages to your ipod, which then tells you that you have a new message. The problem is apple promised this with 2.0, but porblems with scaling caused it to be pushed back. They now say it will be released with the 3.0 software.
  3. matt1308-

matt1308- Banned

BeeJive IM or something, in the AppStore, i think it's expensive though.

and what he meant was that when you go to a different webpage you are signed out, happens to mee too using Meebo.

i'm looking for a cheaper MSN application from the AppStore, can't find any
  4. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Beejive IM is very expensive. At best it goes on sale for $10. However, Palringo Instant Messenger is free and it offers MSN. Not sure how well it works though.