Is there an iPod touch beater?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Milesneptune, Oct 5, 2009.

1. Milesneptune

Milesneptune Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Does an iPod touch beater exist?
  2. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    So its not Killer anymore? Because beater sounds... dumb.

Can't all devices... Just get along? Coexist on the same plane.

Man, this applies to so many things on Earth.
  3. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Its based on opinion.
    To some people there may be one, some may think differently.
    Youre asking this on an IPOD forum, so most of your answers will be "No theres no ipod beater"
    Go on a less biased forum and youll get more of a variety of answers.
  4. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    No, because everything differs slightly. It's human (device?) nature.

But no. It is opinion only.
  5. 4NewHop3

4NewHop3 Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    I wish...I talked about it in so much posts =P
  6. Aprosamurai

Aprosamurai Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    lol but it's not the devices as much as it is the people who have mindless devotions to said devices.

Please Register or Log in to view images

lol
  7. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I originally felt that the Zune HD was the ipod killer, ipod touch to be exact. Was super hyped, pre-ordered it and all (mind you I would like to use anything that isn't an Apple product). When I got it, one day later I went on amazon and ordered the ipod touch 3g simply because it just works. Sure, sound quality is a hair bit worse than the zune hd (to the average ear, not some sennheiser hd 800 owner), no hd radio, but damn I'll briefly go over my complaints on the zune hd for those wondering.

1) no apps....yet? Besides, marketplace wasn't working for me (i'm on windows 7 64 bit), wouldn't download apps.

2) (the big one) browser was TERRIBLE! TERRIBAD! With the multi processor bragging tegra in the zune hd, I had high expectations that everything would be fast. I compared the speed of loading ign.com on a friend's 1st gen iphone and the zune hd, the zune hd still lost by a small margin.

Also, the zune hd has no flash which means no youtube. The browser itself is very very barebones.

3) OLED is beautiful but the screen overall is very noticably smaller even though it's only .2" smaller on paper. The ipod touch at full brightness is still quite noticably brighter than the zune hd at full brightness. So I guess it's a tradeoff between color and everything else.

4) Zune software while more fancy looking, it's not as intuitive as the "spreadsheet" itunes. As much as I dislike itunes and it bogging down my system, I can't say I'd prefer the zune software over it.

5) Interface on the zune is pretty interesting and clean but it's not as intuitive whereas sometimes you need to tap more than necessary to get a song playing. I dunno, I'm sure some zune users would disagree, but perhaps I'm just more used to using the ipod touch, so that's just me.

6) Jailbreak, while possible on everything except the ipod touch 3g, the zune has no such thing as far as I know on any zune model. Don't think I need to say more.

7) Virtual keyboard is awesome on a horizontal plane with more space to type. Making it happen on the touch/phone is great. However, on the already smaller zune hd screen, the keyboard isn't using as much horizontal estate as possible. You'll have to see it to know what I mean. It's not extended to the sides of the screen as much as it could.

8) External volume button is freakin awesome on the touch. Zune users have called me an idiot saying "you can just press the media button on the zune and swipe your finger in the respective direction to raise/lower the volume". Yes that can work but I rather just cut to the chase and know that the volume has been changed. I mean hell, you already have a button there, why not make it directly control the volume by adding another button?

Anyways, lengthy post that most people won't read but those are my main complaints.
  8. Mosaic

Mosaic Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Holy crap, tl;dr.
  9. luke99

luke99 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Archos 5 Internet Tablet imo
  10. Mosaic

Mosaic Banned