Is there an easier way to change summerboard wallpaper?

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by hy565, Mar 23, 2008.

1. hy565

hy565 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Ok here's the situation:

I want separate images for my springboard wallpaper and my lock screen wallpaper.

However, I want to change my springboard wallpaper frequently and I want my lock screen wallpaper to remain the same always.

As far as I know, the only way to set the lock screen wallpaper is to go to settings -> general -> Wallpaper and set it.

The springboard wallpaper will be the wallpaper.png in my summerboard theme folder.

The easiest way to change the springboard wallpapers is to have all the wallpapers I want in the Photos application and just choose a photo I like and set it as wallpaper.

This, however, changes my lock screen wallpaper - and I do not want that to happen.

So now, everytime I want to change my springboard wallpaper, I have to change the wallpaper.png in my SMB theme folder.

So my question is : Is there any way to easily change the wallpaper.png in the summerboard theme folder without having to SSH/Browse in everytime to change it manually? I think not?(SMB should implement this function)

Alternatively, is there any way to lock down the screen lock wallpaper so that changing the wallpaper in Settings -> General -> Wallpaper or setting it via Photos app will not change the screen lock wallpaper.

The reason why I don't wanna SSH into my iPod to change the wallpaper.png is because I have a large folder of wallpapers that I like to change often..and SSHing in everytime is not the best solution if an alternative exists.

I hope I'm not confusing anyone here..all suggestions appreciated.
  2. Meetdave

Meetdave New Member

follow these instructions and you're in the clear...

it allows you to quickly change your wallpaper for your lock screen individually via software, no ssh required, its as simple as changing your springboard wallpaper
    feel free to pm me if you get stuck.
    (all credit goes to DemonHunter who, in return, gives all credit to w33d489)
    |
    |
    V
    http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50225
  3. hy565

hy565 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    The last time I tried caterpillar it almost screwed my whole iPod up and since I didn't need any of the apps it offered I uninstalled it..I won't wanna try it again unless there's really no alternative.

Thanks for the suggestion though

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. Meetdave

Meetdave New Member

hmm, damn, oh well.

i'm not exactly a pro with the ipod touch... yet.. haha
    hell i can't even figure out where that damn folder is for the lighttpd server - i need to throw in some pdfs for my research paper tomorrow.

however i did manage to install the caterpillar thing in under 3 mins with no problems whatsoever, maybe they changed the version? plus its all through installer and free.

best of luck to you

P.S. i left a post up earlier, about wallpapers, perhaps you know the answer.

http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51040