Is there an app which mimics the Power button?

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by iTorres, May 19, 2009.

1. iTorres

iTorres New Member

While having a broken power button on a 1G touch which is long out of warranty is a pain, I'm marginally placated knowing others have experienced the same thing. The most annoying aspect is either relying on the inbuilt autolock feature to switch the blasted thing off between 1 and 5 minutes or disabling this and letting the battery run down. (I've tried most if not all of the suggested fixes posted on this forum to no avail, having now accepted it as a hardware problem

Please Register or Log in to view images

).

Does anyone know of an app which mimics the power button, thereby letting me switch the unit off at a time of my choosing rather than leave it to a combination of preloaded functionality and chance usage?

I appreciate for most it would about as redundant as an app could possibly be, but here's proof that it would be useful to a market of one.

Thanks in advance....
  2. BigDaveyJ

BigDaveyJ New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Not in the app store, there is probably one in cydia, but if you turn it off, and the power button is broken, you can't turn it back on......
  3. ninesevennine_979

ninesevennine_979 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    SBSettings has a power menu. I'm pretty sure it allows you to enter sleep mode (lock), power off, reboot, or even enter safe mode.
  4. cOde0010Joy

cOde0010Joy Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    yes, sbsettings... and yeah... like BigDaveyJ said... how'd you turn it back on?
  5. cjori

cjori New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Just plug it into any power supply (computer, wall charger, portable charger etc.)
  6. iTorres

iTorres New Member

If I use the autolock feature I bring it back to life with the Home button, which gets me to the slider to unlock and use.

If I let the battery drain completely (and it's been a while since I tried this so I may be wrong about this), on recharging it I can still unlock with the slider.

Having seen the responses and typing this out I can see what you're all getting at, i.e. autolock isn't the same as switching it off!

Quite the conundrum. I'll look for SBSettings, but it doesn't sound like it would be much use. I don't have my Touch to hand, but am I right in thinking when you start charging it (regardless of mode) the option to unlock it using the slider becomes available?
  7. leadergo

leadergo Active Member

SBSettings. From Cydia. If you open SBSettings and click on the cog, you can lock it from there. Not only lock, but you can enter Safe Mode, Power off, Sleep, Respring, etc...
  8. iTorres

iTorres New Member

Am I right in thinking SBSettings can only be installed on a jailbroken touch and in order to jailbreak the power button needs to be used?
  9. ralphbananas

ralphbananas New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yup
    sucks to be you...