Welcome to the iFans Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Is there an app or some way to browse my network folders via wifi?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by melon55, Jul 9, 2009.

1. melon55

melon55 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    i want to be able to go through my network drives and play/copy music and videos on my via wifi on my ipod touch.

thanks
  2. blueshockz

blueshockz Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    there is a winscp + openssh you can use,,but you cant just copy your music in the music folder...you need a 3rd party application like dtunes for ipod to play your music in a folder..
  3. melon55

melon55 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    thats not really what i ment. I dont want to copy music by ssh, i want to browse my network files and copy/play (perferably play) directly from my network drives (without the need of my computer)
  4. Gershmer

Gershmer Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    use orbmusic/orbmedia/orblive
  5. melon55

melon55 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    but doesn't orb require my computer to be on? i want to just browse my network drives.
  6. Gershmer

Gershmer Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    yes, but you can set the directories your computer looks to as your network drives
  7. melon55

melon55 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    i know that i can set the network drives as my directory but the whole point was to be able to browse my network directly, so that my computer didn't have to be on or involved at all.
  8. Ripsometime

Ripsometime New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    To be clear these are network drives that are attached to your network and not your PC right, just getting some clarity so no-one missunderstands your request.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    And you want to access these drives from your iPod touch 2g fw 3.0 jailbroken without Turing your computer on at all.
  9. melon55

melon55 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yes thats right. The network drives are connected to my network not my computer and i want to access these drive without turning my computer on. is it possible?
  10. Ripsometime

Ripsometime New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    An AppStore app called NASvip claims to allow you to browse your NAS (network attached storage) servers and play the iPod formatted video files, I haven't tested it as i actually don't have acess to a NAS drive right now, sorry this is all I can do right now, the app cost $0.99 and says it will be updated soon, also it is a bad sign that it seems to be badly translated from Japanese I think.