Is there an app/mod/tweak that can put an increase an app's FPS?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by chaos447, Aug 8, 2010.

1. chaos447

chaos447 New Member

Sorry if no one understands the title. I'll give an example:

Say I'm playing Final Fantasy (iPhone version) and I want to grind my levels. Is there a tweak that can make the game run much faster (like a turbo mode?)?

Thanks.
  2. iBricked

iBricked Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    FPS is frame rate, it means that the game is more smoother the higher it is. When you mean turbo mode, you mean like something that speeds up the game right? No there is no tweak for that. SOrry.
  3. chaos447

chaos447 New Member

Not necessarily. When you put a game into turbo mode on a PC emulator and have the FPS toggled on, it shows speeds like 250FPS rather than the standard 60FPS.

Well, that sucks - I guess. I'm sure it's possible though, right? I have an iPod Touch 3G 64GB, if that matters.
  4. cjainy

cjainy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Does what your asking for exist? Not that I know of. Is it possible? Sure.

Your talking about 2 different things. FPS like said above is frames per second, the more frames something has the slower it looks aka slow motion. What you want is something like a speedhack, for example speed gear or cheat engine.
  5. chaos447

chaos447 New Member

I apologize. Thought about how the FPS would jump on turbo mode but maybe I wasn't looking at it from the right point of view.

Anyway, is there somewhere I can request for something like this? I don't see section for it.
  6. tinyman392

tinyman392 Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    No problem, we knew what you were talking about... There currently is no mod for speeding up the game... It would be a good mod though. So sorry about that... As for the section, there is a whole jailbroken mods section, but since it also pertains to games and apps, I'd be assuming it's fine where it is.

Please Register or Log in to view images