Is there an app like this?

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by chameleon2424, Jun 7, 2009.

1. chameleon2424

chameleon2424 New Member

So I write novels, and I can't always lug around paper and pen with me everywhere so I can write whenever I get an idea. I was wondering if there was an app that is like a notebook, but not just that. I'd also like it to have a function where I can type things up on my computer and send them to the app. That way I can type things up when I'm home and send them instead of always using the ipod.
  2. Cheat_Code

Cheat_Code Member

Device:
    iPhone
    I think docs will do something to the extent.......
    but a windows mobile phone is prob best it has microsoft word mobile on it.....just putting that in there...
  3. iPod Touch™

iPod Touch™ Banned

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Ever tried the Default notes app lol

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. Ralzaider

Ralzaider New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
  5. chameleon2424

chameleon2424 New Member

I said I want to be able to send stuff from my computer to my ipod. The original app can't.
  6. Tatsu

Tatsu New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hello, you could try Evernote. You have to create an Account but it's free. There's a desktop app and an iPod Touch app which syncs up. The best part is that it syncs via web server so it also has a Web interface you can log into if you don't happen to have your computer or iPod Touch with you.

Note writing in the Evernote application is kinda clunky in my opinion, they definitely need to work on it, but it does save it on your iPod so that when you do have internet access it will automatically sync when you open the app. The cool thing is that with your account they give you a unique e-mail address that you can send your self notes to and have it automatically put into your notebook.

I usually type things out in easy writer then e-mail it to my evernote account, the only problem is with easy writer lite you can't save any notes (atleast I don't think you can) so I can only really use it if I have wifi. But give Evernote a try because I love it. you can use it for sooo many other things aswell.

http://www.evernote.com it's FREE lol
    EasyWriter Pro They have a lite version too, which is what I'm using and probably is why I can't save anything. Hope this helps!
  7. sconethief

sconethief Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    There's a text editor by Savysoda thats pretty nice. it saves the documents to your google account..
    Damn it was free, but now its 0.99
  8. arikado

arikado New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Quickoffice is your best choice.

U can send doc, txt, etc files from your computer to ur ipod through ip address as long as its both in the same wifi connection and vice versa.

Not to mention the powerhouse document editing Quickoffice will allow u to do on the touch.
  9. chastabo

chastabo Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Could just send yourself a email.

Please Register or Log in to view images

10. chameleon2424

chameleon2424 New Member

Evernote is really good for being free. I don't really feel like spending 20 dollars on the quickoffice app since I'm not really doing formatting and such on my ipod. I'm mainly just doing prewrites and character formations on my ipod along with quick thoughts and such. Thanks so much for the suggestions though.