Is There an App for That?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Twan013, Sep 1, 2009.

1. Twan013

Twan013 New Member

Hey guys, just wondering about some app ideas that are probably already out there... I just want to know if they are out there, and can I get them from the App store or Cydia?

- computer keyboard/mousepad type thing; I want to build a small computer to hook up to my TV and have a media center type setup. Can I use an iPod Touch as a trackpad and keyboard, as well as media controls? I would assume the iPod and computer would communicate via bluetooth, since I can't think of any other wireless options there are...

- checkbook register; I know I can buy one from the app store, but can I find one in Cydia as well?

- scrabble, monopoly, Texas Hold'em Poker, Brick Breaker; I would prefer high quality on the games, not some cheap knock-off's... I know there's about a million different versions of brick breaker with all kinds of different names...

- Bible Reader; Once again, I know I can get all kinds in the App store, but is a good one available from Cydia?

I thought my list would be a bit bigger than this, but its pretty late for me, and my contacts are drying out... so I might add more as I think of them...
  2. 1.Airmouse Pro (I think thats what its called) can be used as a mouse and keyboard via VNC. However, if you want full VNC capabilities, try Jaadu VNC, which is a little pricey.

2.There is an official scrabble app in the app store, as well as an official monopoly app. Apple made a Texas Hold 'Em app which is outstanding. As for brick breaker, im really not a fan of the games so i cant help you there.

3. Your best chance would be the appstore...cydia isnt a good place for books
  3. Twan013

Twan013 New Member

'eey, its'a luigi!

so yeah, it seems that I would be better off NOT jailbreaking my iPod... I asked this question in another thread, and no one has responded yet... if I jailbreak, can I still use the original app store and all that stuff?
  4. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

Of course. It is definitely better to jailbreak your iPod. If you don't use it, you don't use it. However, if you need to, it'll always be there. You may just find a really cool application or theme on Cydia.
  5. ItalianIce527

ItalianIce527 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Trust me, when I had my 1ST Generation and didn't know about the JB and then I Jailbroke it, I'm like oh crap! I love this! And NEVER went back. I just got this 2ND Generation like a month ago, and the same day I got it, is the same day I JB it. I'm AMAZED with the things you can do on a JB iPod Touch.

Please Register or Log in to view images