Is there a wY to disable headphone ability all together???

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Joeystorybmx, Aug 4, 2010.

1. Joeystorybmx

Joeystorybmx Banned

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    I just unlocked an iPhone 2g. When I turned it on, I called a friend. She couldn't hear me and I coundnt hear her. Then I put it on speaker and all was fine. I turned the volume up and it says that headphones are plugged in when they aren't. I'm never going to listen to music on it so is there a way to either fix this or disable the ability to use headphones???
  2. iRa1n

iRa1n Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Dip your iphone in lukewarm water, and wait for a while. You should find your headphones no longer work when you plug them in.
  3. RoosterPandemic

RoosterPandemic Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    That's a stupid suggestion.
  4. pwnthe2G

pwnthe2G Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    try rebooting, plug a pair of headphones in and out a million times, and if you're desperate, a restore never hurts
  5. nasra1n

nasra1n New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    laugh if they did it.
  6. Joeystorybmx

Joeystorybmx Banned

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    I'll try that but s restore doesn't work. Can't you like ssh into it the delete some files or something?? And ive heard that lots of people have this problem with there iPhones.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    The reboot and unplug headphones didn't work.
  7. mrtnt

mrtnt Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    If you are trying to use just the microphone and not the headphones. There is on ebay microphone you can buy for only about 5$$ at the max. They should work well and they are cheap, try em out! All they do is plus onto your headphone jack and boom! You can talk!
  8. Joeystorybmx

Joeystorybmx Banned

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    I think you misunderstood. My iPhone is stuck in headphone mode so I can only talk on the phone in speaker. The mic and speakers both work but I can't hear anything since it thinks it's in headphone mode. I appreciate the response though!
  9. mrtnt

mrtnt Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    Ooooh ok! Umm, there is a place in settings that lets you change betweenn only heaphones annd or speakers. I dont have a extreme familiarity about iphones. But a soft restore may do. Just hold the home button and power button for 14 seconds. Your iphone should turn off. Now turn it on and wait. May i remind you this is like pulling the plug on your computer. I do it lots lol! Try it and tell me how it works!!!
  10. TakenAppleDownAPeg

TakenAppleDownAPeg Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    is it JB, I know there used to be something you could download that allowed you to choose.