Is there a way to UNjailbreak an iPod Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by TexasJr, Sep 27, 2008.

1. TexasJr

TexasJr Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Im planning to get an iTouch soon and I wanted to jailbreak it but I didn't really want to do it if I couldn't go back to regular firmware. Can I do it? if I do it and I go to the latest firmware, can I go back to 1.1 to jailbreak it again?
  2. *Soul~Of~iTouch*

*Soul~Of~iTouch* New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    2.X can be jailbroken, Google for how to do it, you should learn to use the "Search" function.
  3. f1av0rflave

f1av0rflave Banned

yeah, just restore and it goes back to normal and as long as its not the 2g touch you can downgradeto whatever firmware you like
  4. TouchMeSoftly

TouchMeSoftly New Member

Just exactly... what is "jailbreaking and other sundry questions?"

I'm new at all of this, and would like to get some information, if I could. I've heard the term "jailbreaking," and kind of know what it is.. but am not exactly sure. What are the advantages of jailbreaking? Can you do more? And, how and where do you get your "original" firmware back should one decide that they were "sorry" that they didn't STAY in jail? hehe

I, originally, bought the 2.0 firmware from Apple on iTunes, but was unable to download it because I live in BFE and am only able to get dial-up (don't faint!) out here. I would "time out" in trying to download it. I tried doing it from a DSL account from the library, but that didn't work, either. I would "time out" on how long I could be on their computers! Criminy! I finally got it through an "illegal" source, but I didn't feel like I was "cheating" anyone or "stealing" it, as I HAD already paid for it. Finally, I got firmware 2.0 installed and was able to finally get other programs to work. I dread any future updates, of which I hear there IS another-- 2.1?? (My iTunes doesn't confirm that... it says there "are no updates.")

Also... (and, don't faint again!) I have a PC, not a MAC. Will I be able to get questions answered on this forum without people making fun of me because I'm a "newbie" at all of this, and because I am using my ipod Touch on a PC instead of a MAC?

Thanks to all who will answer!
  5. Blaze_Blaster

Blaze_Blaster Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    lol no one will bash you... try high speed for #1, then never pay for updates xD, also you can get outta being jailbroken by hitting the restore button in itunes.
  6. TexasJr

TexasJr Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    What if it is the 2G im getting?
  7. Joseph

Joseph Retired Moderator

2G iPod Touches can't be jailbroken yet.
    When the jailbreak comes out, I'm sure you'll be able to go back to normal by just restoring.
  8. TouchMeSoftly

TouchMeSoftly New Member

Friends in LOW places

Thanks, Blaze Blaster! I would LOVE to have high speed, but I live way out in the country, and the ONLY "high speed" I can get is Hughes dish or Dish Network, which is WAY too expensive for me. Local phone companies (i.e., AT&T, etc.) aren't out here yet, and it doesn't look good for them to be out here anytime soon. So, I'm kinda at my limits over here.

I LOVE my ipod touch! But, I'm afraid to do "jailbreaking"... whatever that is... because I'm afraid I'll mess it up and not be able to get it back the way it was. I'd love to experiment, but with not having high speed, hitting the restore button is not an option for me. Could I just redownload the 2.0 that I highjacked (but paid for, remember!)?

I might mention that I'm really OLD... a geezer... so, all of the shortcut and abbreviated lingo is above my head. (I'm out of it, I guess... hell... I KNOW! *snort*) That happens when you get OLD. Argh. BUT... I'm not so "out of it" that I don't want to TRY and keep up and enjoy the new technology.

I'm such a newbie on this stuff that it's obnoxious, I'm sure. Thanks for any help or tips anyone can offer!
  9. TexasJr

TexasJr Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Thanks everyone for your help.
    http://www.apple.com/ipodtouch/softwareupdate.html
  10. lucky711

lucky711 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    cool! but...

cool but...i have an ipod touch 2G too and i was wondering, i can unjailbreak it?!?! And how do i restore it?! Does restoring it get rid of everything i have on my ipod, ie. songs, apps, login names?!?!

Please Register or Log in to view images

thanks!