Is there a way to tell WHATS hanging the ipod? (2.0.2JB)

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by joelfreak, Aug 26, 2008.

1. joelfreak

joelfreak New Member

I have spent over 12 hours today on this Ipod. I started the day with a working, but sluggish, 2.0.1 jailbroken ITouch. I upgraded it, and then used QuickPwn to patch 2.0.2 and it froze on boot. I had to find another computer to put IPhoneBrowser on, renamed the Apps directory, and got a pretty dang broken Ipod, even after a sync, so I figgured I would just start fresh. I restored from the Apple 2.0.2 image, did NOT restore from any backup, and put everything back on my Ipod, including apps. I verified everything was a-ok, and then I did the QuickPwn thing again, and again, I am hanging at the boot screen. Every once in a while I hear the sound the Ipod makes when it gets out of the boot screen, but nothing appears, just the good ol' apple logo. I do not have any spinning wheel, just the logo. I am convinced that some app I have is not working well with 2.0.2, and I am willing to get rid of whatever it is, but I have no idea what it may be. Is there any way to read a log file or something to find out WHAT is causing the problem, so I can remove it? I just want a working Ipod back...:-(
  2. Aprosamurai

Aprosamurai Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    maybe you should try restoring back to 2.0.2 but instead of putting everything back on immediately quickpwn it after the restore i thinks its the apps in the partition that are messing with the actual jailbreak
  3. joelfreak

joelfreak New Member

In hour 14, this is what I am doing. ;-) I am running out of crap shows my tivo thinks I may like. I hope this works.
  4. Aprosamurai

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    happened to me when i went to 2.0.2 hopefully it works
  5. Jikoo

Jikoo New Member

Restore fresh 2.0.2 and then quickPwn again, make sure you follow the instructions
  6. joelfreak

joelfreak New Member

Ok, I did ALL of that, jb it before the apps came on, then it came live. Set it up to sync overnight. Woke up, it was working ok, added my mail u/p, tried to update an app wirelessly, and then tried to add openssh...springboard crashed, and upon reboot, we are stuck again, staring at an apple logo. I am *this* close to thowing the thing at the wall and hoping it breaks. There MUST be a way to see SOMEWHERE in SOME LOGFILE what is hanging so I can just kill it. Something I have must not like 2.0.2. Please help before I kill someone.
  7. Aprosamurai

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    although you didnt put the apps on immediately did you restore it from a backup
  8. joelfreak

joelfreak New Member

This is the 9th time I have had the EXACT SAME PROBLEM. I give up. 2.0.2 is just not jailbreakable. If anyone would like to show me HOW to figure out what is crashing the IPOD, great. Otherwise I have lost 2 full days to trying to fix this IPOD, and I really am at a loss for what options are left, other than just use it non-jailbroken. Unless its just QuickPwn that wont work on this Ipod for some reason.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    I just want to note that I have tried fresh 2.0.2 image downloaded on a new computer direct from apple, no apps, then JB using QuickPwn, verify everything works, then put on my apps, everythings good, load BossTools, still good. Then sync with my computer, it places on music and apps, and I reboot, and presto, stuck. This is why I need some way of telling what is breaking the Ipod, because its obvious there is SOMETHING on there thats stopping it from booting. I dont have any startup apps (inteliscreen etc), and I don't even have winterboard on it. I am really just at a loss, and VERY frustrated.
  9. Andrewtst

Andrewtst New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    How many Apps you have? It start not so stable after reach page 3 full of apps. This is an common issue of 2.0.x firmware.

If you want more apps add on, make sure install one by one after reaching 3 pages full of apps. and then don't even do any respring or updates any apps. If want winterboard, customize what you like before you add in any apps.

I have some solutions and what I found out in my blog:
    http://elementsofwatashi.blogspot.com

Please Register or Log in to view images

10. gatonegrosky

gatonegrosky New Member

that happened to my iphone .. just try to put it in DFU mode and then it will recognize it .. and try another USB port .. that should really help and restore with a firmware that is not custom