is there a way to NOT have the albums show up on your ipod touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by girl1nthebox, Jul 1, 2009.

1. girl1nthebox

girl1nthebox New Member

I have a lot of songs on my computer and I don't feel like renaming them all and taking them out of their albums. I just freakin HATE having everything sub categorized into albums. I just want artists - songs. not artists - albums - songs.

is this possible??

I don't know if this is the right section to post this question, but ah well.
  2. SebboSticks

SebboSticks New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I'm not too sure, you can change how you look at them by clicking the 'more' button on the bottom right of the music dock, so that artists and songs are there instead of album. (I can't remember the factory settings, they may already be there). But I think that's all you can do. -I agree, it's annoying, but it's actaully not the biggest problem in the world. like Orientation!! It was the same on my sony erricson walkman phone.
  3. girl1nthebox

girl1nthebox New Member

it's not the biggest problem, true, but it does get annoying when a band has 5 different albums and you're looking for a particular song and you have to go through each album until you find it.

I just wish there was an option to categorize it the way YOU want it.

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    Why don't you just go to the songs tab and look it up that way?

Or use Spotlight?
  5. girl1nthebox

girl1nthebox New Member

it's just a pain in the ass in general. i just want a list of songs. i dunno, that's just my preference. i hate having a sh*tload of 'folders' within different artists.
  6. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    There is a Songs tab you know?

Lists all the songs you have and you can scroll through them.........
  7. bombayboy4u_2005

bombayboy4u_2005 New Member

you should do wht i do. say you have 5 different albums of the same artist eg Kenny Chesney then change the album name of each song in all the 5 albums to 'Kenny Chesney' or 'Kenney Chesney Greatest Hits' or 'XYZ' just so that you know its the album folder containing Kenny Chesney songs from itunes. This way all your kenney Chesny songs will be in 1 album folder. IF you find this too time consuming you can get a free software called 'mp3 tag studio' (google it) and you can batch rename the album name in all your 5 folders. wont take more than a coupla mins once you get used to it.
    Hope my suggestion was helpful.