Is there a way to issue commands in CuteFTP Pro?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by Mortel, Jan 27, 2008.

1. Mortel

Mortel Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Sorry if this is the wrong section, but I really need to learn how to do this to fix my Installer, as it crashes when it tries to install something. I'm running 1.1.3 jailbroken with January updates, if that matters.

So yea, how do I issue commands in CuteFTP Pro, if there is a way?
  2. Cyanidepoison

Cyanidepoison Active Member

Just use PuTTY. It simpler and more versatile, since its designed for the purpose of SSH. Well, it does Telnet and some other stuff too, but I've only seen it used for SSH.
  3. Mortel

Mortel Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I would do that, but I can't figure out how to set it up and stuff, and I'm kind of low on time here.
  4. MomDad

MomDad New Member

Keep in mind that urgent for you != urgent for everyone else. If you're late for soccer practice or something, then do your jailbreaking later.

To answer your first post, yes, you can do it in CuteFTP Pro. The "Help" option in the menu and the CuteFTP website both detail this.

Regarding PuTTY, there's nothing to "figure out" -- you put in the host, port and hit Open.

As well, just as pretty much every tutorial and readme mentions, you could use WinSCP, which is free and also very easy to use.

In your first post, you said "I really need to learn how to do this", so I'm not going to spoon-feed you how to do the commands, but someone else may.