Is there a way to get my music back? Please help!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Saranghae141, Jun 29, 2010.

1. Saranghae141

Saranghae141 New Member

Hello,

Recently, I have gotten a new laptop and got my old one thrown out. After re-downloading iTunes, I noticed that all my data was gone. My libraries, my apps, my songs, etc. I plugged my iPod Touch into my laptop (I'd never put in my iTouch into any else's computer except for mine, so I didn't know what to expect)and it gave me all these pop-ups that this wasn't the itunes that the ipod was registered with. Anyway, I had thought that if I plugged my iPod into the computer, it would bring all my apps and music and movies back, but nothing. So, I clicked on my iPod and noticed that the "sync music" button was unchecked, so I checked it...and gues what? IT REMOVED ALL THE MUSIC FROM MY IPOD D:! I am so angry right now. I had boughten over half of my songs, and now it's all lost. I don't know what to do. I don't want to pay for my music again. Is there a way to get my music back?

Also, I'm not going to press the "sync apps" button now, obviously, but is there a way to safely get my apps onto my laptop without it removing my apps from my ipod, too? Thanks.
  2. AgedBike

AgedBike New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    is there an option in the itunes store to re-download all purchases. there is on on the xbox 360 so im assuming there should be one in the itunes store.ive never bought music from itunes so i have no idea. and for the apps, i think that if you just try to syn them they should get backed up but im not sure.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    if what i suggested doesnt work, try contacting apple.
  3. Saranghae141

Saranghae141 New Member

Thank you. I checked in the iTunes store and there was no option to "redownload all purchases." I am not going to sync the apps, because, like I said, I tried syncing the music and that only deleted the music off of my iPod, so I'm assuming that if I sync the apps, it will deleted those off of my iPod, too.

I have e-mailed Apple about my problem- hopefully they will respond.
  4. Shukketsu.Azuguad

Shukketsu.Azuguad Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Just transfer purchases. That is what you should do with the apps.
  5. Fike

Fike Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Well, if/when you get this issue resolved, remember to backup your iTunes library to disks

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. touchiverse

touchiverse New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Carbonite

Carbonite is a cool program i use to back up all my stuff.
    Try Phoning/skyping/emailing in to Leo Laporte (TWIT) he will probably know how to help
  7. peebrian202869

peebrian202869 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Bought over half...

what about the rest... ?
  8. Saranghae141

Saranghae141 New Member

Thanks for your help, guys! (and girls.) apple hasn't responded yet, but I don't expect them to respond until a few days. And don't worry, if I ever get my iTunes back, I will make a back-up immediately, in case I'm ever stuck in this situation again

also, by "over half," I mean that I got the rest of my songs from CD's that I have in real life