IS there a way to get backround on non-jailbriken?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by iBiite iChu, Oct 23, 2008.

1. iBiite iChu

iBiite iChu Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    So, I have some awesome pictures that I want to put as my background, behind my icons. I would like to put two pictures on top of each other though.Is there anyway to do this without jailbreaking it and if not how can I do that with jailbreaking it?
  2. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

No. Apple made sure to lock down the UI, which means you can only customize the Lock Screen wallpaper. After you jailbreak, you'd have to use WinterBoard and set up an HTML 'theme' for the background which rotates those two pictures... or you could superimpose them over each other in a photo editing program and then just set up a 'wallpaper' theme with that new picture as the wallpaper.png file.
  3. mrfajita

mrfajita New Member

What???
    It is not that complicated. When jailbroken, install WinterBoard, change the settings in it to "user wallpaper" and it will set whatever you use as your lockscreen wallpaper as your main wallpaper.
  4. ryanlusk

ryanlusk Banned

No , it's not.
  5. fear_2670

fear_2670 Banned

Only if Winterboard was on the App Store, not gonna happen.
  6. iPTF_BROWSER

iPTF_BROWSER Active Member

Device:
    HTC One
    Apple thinks that their UI is so precious they don't want any one messing it up.
  7. Ex-Touch

Ex-Touch New Member

Why can't people read correctly? He has TWO images. Which means, you'd have to use HTML to cycle them like the Saurik theme.
  8. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

Or he wants them on the screen superimposed on one another, in which case he'll have to do some photo editing. Otherwise the HTML wallpaper's the only way to do it. Either way, it's not as simple as mrfajita thinks it is... since he seems to have kinda skipped over the 'two' part.

Please Register or Log in to view images