is there a way to advance to the next song on ipod touch without always unlocking it?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by zorzo51, May 30, 2009.

1. zorzo51

zorzo51 New Member

i recently made the switch from using an ipod classic to an ipod touch. i love the touch for many reasons, except for when i'm working out or running. i liked the ipod classic because it was always easy to move to the next song or the previous song by pressing the buttons on the ipod. i never had to look down at the ipod.

but with the ipod touch, i have to look down at the touch screen, hit "slide to unlock" and then touch the button that takes me to the next song. seems like a pain to always have to look down and slide to unlock.

there must be a way in ipod touch to fix this. anyone know how?
  2. Mr_iPod

Mr_iPod Member

Hit the standby or home button to take it out of stand by to the lock screen, then double tap the home button and it will bring up back, play and forward buttons. Also a volume slider will appear. Just tap the forward button to advance to the next song
  3. Wrathchild

Wrathchild Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    What I do is leave the lock function off and turn the brightness all the way down. That way when I want to switch to the next song or previous one I just reach down and keep tapping the corners of the screen until I hit the right button. After a little practice it gets easier to do and I usually hit the button on the first try. Of course you would need a case that doesn't cover the screen.
  4. Yangydoodles

Yangydoodles New Member

It's probably the best option. However, you could use PocketTunes, and uncheck the Auto locking, then you won't even have to take it out of your pocket, just swipe to adjust volume or change songs.
  5. Sarcasm Siempre

Sarcasm Siempre New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    If you have a second-gen, and it's jailbroken, you could also download the VolumeMC (I think that's what it's called) SBSettings toggle from Cydia. It turns the volume buttons on the side into Next/Previous buttons.
  6. 99danman

99danman New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ^When was this released?
  7. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    You could also get some earbuds with built in controls. Works really well for me.
  8. RoYaLx

RoYaLx Member

Device:
    HTC One
    Only for the 2G iPod Touch and iPhones.
  9. Sarcasm Siempre

Sarcasm Siempre New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Sometime during this past week. I have a first-gen so I can't tell you if it works, but it does seem to be a viable alternative.
  10. awesome761

awesome761 Banned