Is there a Siri port for iOS 6?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Dsnid3r, Jun 29, 2012.

1. Thuchapol

Thuchapol Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    I meant I made a comparison between 4s and 4 's Dyld by extract them using dyld_decache and discovered that no "AssistantUI" executable in only 4 's dyld
  2. S26Tech

S26Tech New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Hi. It's S26Tech. Some of you may know me as the developer of Spite. Some of you may not, either way. Me and the Technetec Dev team have been working hard on an iOS 6 Siri port. I'm willing to work with you guys and provide files etc since its obvious this port needs to be a community effort

Please Register or Log in to view images

. So yea XD. Anyways, has anyone been able to get a GUI working on iOS 6 yet?
  3. S26Tech

S26Tech New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Also, just slapping the dyld cache on the system and hoping it works, doesn't get it anywhere. System stalls at load. HOWEVER, using Spire's method of cache injection into Springboard/backboardd etc, lets the system load, but the UI is laggy (as it seems to be missing a driver), and apps /refuse/ to launch. Along with this, the Siri GUI still doesn't load :/
  4. Thuchapol

Thuchapol Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    You may not need dyld from 4s anymore cuz /System/Library/Assistant/UIPlugins/SpringBoard.assistantUIBundle/SpringBoard isn't in dyld_shared_cache
    The reason why we have to inject cache is
    - the binary i said above is in iOS 5 's dyld_shared_cache , we can't just decache it and get that binary to make Siri work , have to inject 4s dyld into SpringBoard
    - now iOS 6 take this binary out of dyld_shared_cache and put into its location in Root also rename it to "SpringBoardAssistantUI" so we don't need dyld_shared_cache anymore ( i can't confirm this yet )

Source : http://suthiscsios.blogspot.com/2012/08/siri-ios-6-filesystems-lists.html
  5. Xerox

Xerox Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Why are/were, you looking for bugs in VLC Media Player?
  6. S26Tech

S26Tech New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Theres still Siri executables inside the 4S's cache that arent in the older devices.
  7. Thuchapol

Thuchapol Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    Just "AssistantUI" and "SAObjects"
  8. S26Tech

S26Tech New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Yes but still, those arent included in the system without the dyld cache.
  9. Thuchapol

Thuchapol Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    My suggestion why siri won't work on non-4s ios 6
    - Siri in iOS 6 may send activation code to Apple Server ( According to Logs , Siri sends some data to server ) ( kryten.apple.com for iOS 6 ) when you enable it in Settings and will work if the server respond back to iDevice that only for iPhone 4S and The New iPad
    - Filesystems issue causes Siri 's notification and location service not work ,if they're both not work ,siri won't work
    Correct me if i'm wrong
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2012
  10. alphonse3344

alphonse3344 Well-Known Member

Can't you just set up a proxy like the others did? Where Siri corresponds with the server instead of Apples?