is there a simpeler wayyy

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by bumkinsk8erboy, Feb 5, 2009.

1. bumkinsk8erboy

bumkinsk8erboy New Member

hi guyss this is my first thread hi 5 llol............ any wayz i was wondering is there a simpler wayy lolll doubt there is but any way just asking..

i running on windows vista basic
  2. dancool999

dancool999 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    There are some GUIs (Jailbreaking programs) around the forums, but most require some knowledge of terminal/ispw etc. Since this is also tethered jailbreak you will have to boot your iPod from your computer every time you restart your iPod. If you want a simpler way, you can do one thing: WAIT
  3. NSRacer

NSRacer New Member

Cyw00d's GUI V2 will be super simple! We're testing it now and he should have it all sorted out soon. I did a test JB with it and it's literally just a few clicks and your done!!
  4. ibod

ibod New Member

tethered jailbreak? so am i advised to NOT Power off ipod? just let ipod sleep? so to avoid booting?
  5. dancool999

dancool999 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yes if you are not by your computer. If you usually have it plugged in then it don't matter, but if you have it on the go, don't turn it off, you cant turn it back on without your computer.
  6. ibod

ibod New Member

Great news, but i have some questions about this program, do i need to update ipodtouch2g 2.2 to 2.2.1 before jailbreaking? do i have official 2.1 2.2 2.2.1 offficial frimware from apple and LIBUSB or something ready to start using it? when does it realease?
  7. cheesecake

cheesecake New Member

well its preety easy just follow the instructions to the word.
    It is basically copy and paste the commands from the instructions it aint that technical
    you could use a automated one but they have problems ( ie bugs)
    i personally would use command line it aint the hard as i said before copy paste

But if you have no idea what your doin dont do it as you will have to boot form computer everytime you ipod turns off

Please Register or Log in to view images

------------------double post merged------------------
    lol it wont really matter what your ipod firmware is on as you will restore it to the custom firmware. Which is the 1st thing you gotta do is create a custom firmware
    their are a couple of prog out their that cna do that auto for you
    look here http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139120
    in the tool section