Is there a limit to the number of apps, if you are using Catagories

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by jweaver, Apr 27, 2009.

1. jweaver

jweaver New Member

I bought my Touch, simply for Apps and I have installed 100s since getting it..

Quickly, the Springboard got so cluttered, it was impossible to find anything...

I soon ran into the "9 Pages of Apps" limit, so looked at "FiveRows" and "FiveColumns" to get more per page.. But that made it even more cluttered.

I then discovered "catagories" and am now using that for things that I don't want on my Springboard.. But I have a question.. Other than the memory in the Touch, is there any limit to the number of apps I can store?

I can obviously only display 148 (9 Pages) of Apps/Catagories on the Springboard, but can I safely add 100s into Catagories without problems?

Jon
  2. Tucker6o

Tucker6o New Member

Yes...
    but It might get cluttered in there to.
    Also it can kill your runtime memory, at least it kills mine.
  3. DJ0ker

DJ0ker New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    If there is a limit I would imagine that it's impossible to reach the limit. Just do simple caculation. First how many apps allowed to put in one folder and how many folders we can create. The asnswer is idk but it would be more than enough and btw would anyone has that many apps on their devices ?
  4. hotfuzz

hotfuzz Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I'm surprised that no one has mentioned that he has been saying "iTouch" the whole paragraph.

Little tip buddy, folks round here hate that, so before you become hated for saying it you should just say "Touch" or "iPod Touch"

Please Register or Log in to view images

Just a heads up!
  5. chavanak

chavanak Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I think we have got over it, haven't we? Most of them here don't mind it anymore (atleast sane people).
    To the OP,
    It is advisable not to have more than 120 apps in each category, it slows down opening time and also leads to random crashes.
  6. Slasher115

Slasher115 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    memory can get very low from so many apps and it could be unorganized all of the apps
  7. jweaver

jweaver New Member

WHere have I said "iTouch"? If I had, it would be no surprise, as I do find myself calling it "iTouch", but looking back at what I wrote, I just called it a Touch. Unless someone edited my post that is, which would be VERY sad!!

As for my question. Thanks for the replies.. I am not planning on too many apps.. Certainly not going to have more than 10-15 catagories, with an average of 20 apps in each, and then 50-100 apps left on the springboard.

Cheers

Jon