Is there a limit to the number of apps I can install?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by gm602, Nov 11, 2008.

1. gm602

gm602 New Member

I have an unjailbroken 1G, I had what seemed to be the maximum number of apps on it (about 8 pages), deleted 10 of them and tried to install some others. It won't seem to let me, it just says its synching but doesn't install. Does anyone know if there's a limit on the amount of space that can be taken up by apps on the unjailbroken touch, and if so what it is? Thanks.
  2. itouchnathan

itouchnathan New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    8 Pages, just jailbreak for categories and you'll be fine

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. gm602

gm602 New Member

Have considered jailbreaking, but I have my ipod on a coverplan that costs £3 per month, but they will fix it if anything besides theft or loss happens, so if I break it in any way (which I am likely to do) they will repair it, and if they cant they will give me vouchers/a new one (not refurbished). If I jailbroke it then broke the hardware in some way so it wouldn't turn on or work properly and I couldn't restore, I don't think they would fix it or give me a new one. So it doesn't seem worth it at the moment. Let me know what you think though.
  4. mcyo

mcyo New Member

I thought 9 pages, with 16 apps, and the dock. That would make a 148 apps without jailbreaking.
  5. gm602

gm602 New Member

I don't think I have the maximum number of apps any more, but I guess they must be taking up the maximum amount of space they are allowed
  6. Jarrod bain

Jarrod bain New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    mines not jailbroken, but it has 141 apps on it and i wish i had more