Is there a hands free texting app?

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by Chuch, Aug 13, 2009.

1. Chuch

Chuch Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    i like to text or email while i'm driving which isnt very safe. is there an app that has voice recognition for texting or emailing
  2. ZombieKiller

ZombieKiller Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Yea... call them.
  3. pwnthe2G

pwnthe2G Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    that is completely useless to anyone in the world, i see no point in posting if your going to say that, especially since talking on the phone and driving is illegal in some places, unless u use a handsfree headset.

But, not to completely waste a post, as far as i know, there is not an app available to do what you are asking for. it is a good idea though, maybe someone will develop it soon enough

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. ZombieKiller

ZombieKiller Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Hes going to be talking to a phone anyways, might as well call someone with speaker phone or with a headset.
  5. EBOBO

EBOBO New Member

Yeah, about the being on phone being illegal in some places, I think there's a more specific definition for that.
  6. Mattattack

Mattattack New Member

There is not an app but there is a company that for $10 per month allows you to text by voice recognition from any cell phone or carrier. For a little more you can email by voice too (Including, send, read, delete, etc) go to fdivoice.com/315390 then click "fdiVoice" and "Join Today".
  7. Dragomer

Dragomer New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I use Dragon Dictation.

Its the best I have used so far. The user interface is nice and as long as you over-pronounce and do not slur your words it works great. Also you can tap words if they are not correct and it brings up a list of other words that it could be.

It has been rated down into oblivion because of the contacts issue. However, I highly doubt they are using my contact information for anything other than what they say they are. Honestly, for how good it works I could care less haha!