Is there a Guitar Tab app or an IMDB one - I cant find any...

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by maclac, Dec 11, 2008.

1. maclac

maclac New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Must be someone somewhere that can compile a guitar tab app, no?

Also I'm well surprised there is no IMDB app
  2. Functional Disorder

Functional Disorder New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    There's guitar chords apps out there...
    But actual tabs to songs? Not that I know of
  3. uber hax

uber hax Guest

i dont know anything about guitar, but there are like 100 guitar apps, atleast one of them has to be what you want.
  4. zym5

zym5 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    not really, they're all either tuning, chords or where you actually play guitar. The closest thing I've found is guitarist, you can compose your own tab, and then view, that's about it. I really want even a web app that does this. It'd be awesome

Zym
  5. quick5pnt0

quick5pnt0 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I know this is an old thread but I had to ask, why not just go on Safari and use one of the zillions of guitar tab sites out there?
  6. Aestysu

Aestysu Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    an app that you can MAKE and view tabs of other songs would be SO EPIC. Creators get creating.
    Ultimate-guitar.com should make an touch app with all there tabs. Well it should be hard to make. just make a program that grabs the tab database from the site.
  7. ackychris

ackychris New Member

yo necesito tabs...

i haven't found any guitar tab apps either, but i was wondering--are there any apps that let you save and view Notepad files (*.txt) from your pc on your ipod? i save a ton of tabs from UG in .txt files, and i'd like to be able to pull 'em up on this whenever i find a random guitar laying around. it's a ton of trouble to get online and try to find the right version of a tab...plus, the songs i write are stuck at home on my computer anyway. any of those productivity apps out there do this?
    chris
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    this site's going a little bonkers on me, so this might be kind of a repeat of an earlier post. anyway, i save a ton of tabs from UG on my pc as .txt files (Windows Notepad)--is there an app out there that will let you save and view .txt files on your ipod touch? it would be a ton easier than getting online and searching through a dozen different tabs of the same song before you find the one you're used to playing. do any of the productivity-oriented apps do the whole saving and viewing of .txt files? and do they do it cheaply? i'm a poor college kid, ya know....

Please Register or Log in to view images

Chris

p.s. by the way, i just joined this site today. hi everyone!
  8. ackychris

ackychris New Member

Okay, i did the bare mininum of scouting, and found a decent file viewer, called Folders, for a couple bux. It's a little clumsy, but once you get the organization bit figured out, it seems okay. Pros: pretty cheap, good viewer, reads .txt and .doc, among others, you can organize into folders. Cons: clumsy syncing with wifi ONLY, no editing files, have to have your comp in front of you to sync, not free.
    All in all, though, it works for my .txt tabs and some Word docs that i won't mind having with me. For any tabs i haven't saved already, i think just finding them on the web will be easy enough. Any comments, discoveries, other apps i could use for tabs would be welcome, especially a cheapy viewer with editing capability.

*just took a closer look--for wide tabs, it just word wraps, which screws up the spacing and makes them super tough and irritating to read. However, about 75% of my tabs (which are mostly pasted straight from UG) are narrow enough that it's not a problem. A plus is that that the app works in portrait AND landscape. It'll pretty much work for me, but you might want to look for something else if this doesn't sound like it'll quite do the jaorb.
  9. janel

janel New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Wow, seems like your wish came true

Please Register or Log in to view images

they just released it a week or so ago http://app.ultimate-guitar.com/iphone/ugt.htm
    and it's so great
  10. SSSX

SSSX Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    tab toolkit it saves the tabs onto your ipod and plays them as if you could find that? i use it all the time