Is there a fix for this, or is it a Hardware problem i need to go to Apple about?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Iron_Man, May 12, 2008.

1. Iron_Man

Iron_Man New Member

recently, my iPod has had a really amount of charge that it holds.

for example: i charged my ipod to FULL charge yesterday connected to my computer and unplugged it and it slept while i slept. then today i listened to some music on the way to school for like 15 minutes, played a game for like 20 minutes in 1st period.. then went on the internet for like 10-15 minutes, then the bus was late coming after school so i listened to it for probably 50 minutes straight. the whole time while listening to music i had it asleep, and i usually keep the screen at 50% brightness with Auto Brightness set to On. i keep Wi-Fi on constantly too..

but the battery is at 50%! usually that little usage wouldnt make it below 80% or so. sometimes when i use the internet alot at home i have to charge it twice a day.

i don't think theres a recent change to my ipod that would have decreased it this drasticly, we got wi-fi at my house finally but it switches it off when its asleep right?

im pretty sure that its because i usually charge it every night (or used to, before i lost my wall charger

Please Register or Log in to view images

) no matter what the charge is.

so, is there anything i can do to make the battery last longer? this summer ill be on the road alot and will be using it for like 8 hours constant of music and occasionally games and movies for 2 weeks straight. im afraid my ipod wont just survive those drive times even with wi-fi off and brightness to a low level.

or should i just quadruple restore and report it as a battery issue? if i do that i might wait til 2.0/1.2 comes out just to get the update for free if they sell it bundled with the ipod again.

thanks in advance,

Iron_Man
  2. Apple Guy

Apple Guy Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Same with me...

But mine just decreases kinda quickly. I should try to time it once. What happens to me is I'm opening apps and stuff and playing games. I listen to some music, get on the internet. That is about ... oh ... I would say about 4 hours of continuous use and when I go to look at the battery it says somewhere around 40%. Is that reasonable?
  3. Iron_Man

Iron_Man New Member

exactly! jeez, 22 hours my ass.. lol
  4. Iron_Man

Iron_Man New Member

5. Iron_Man

Iron_Man New Member

i hate bumping.. but i have to
  6. Winterboard

Winterboard Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    when you jailbreak and install apps your batery life can drasticly decrease. What were the last apps you installed?
  7. Iron_Man

Iron_Man New Member

i dont think 1 single app could do this much damage.. maybe i should restore and see how the life drains?
  8. stillercity

stillercity New Member

Its the same for mine. Enabling wifi makes the iPod constantly search for a usable wifi signal, so right when you turn the iPod on, its using about idk, 13 percent more power than if it was disabled. Also, some games really take the juice out of your iPod. Band, and some of the higher graphic games, such as Yeti3D or Pac3D are good examples. Just turn off your wifi signal at school if you don't have internet access there. Same goes with recharging, it recharges twice as fast if wifi is turned off.
  9. Winterboard

Winterboard Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    many apps work in the background
  10. Iron_Man

Iron_Man New Member

I just installed the program that let's you kill apps.. And they all show 0%.. I heard something about what the battery Mhz shows how much your battery can hold. What's the normal amount?