is there a fix for super mario rpg?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by steve19137, Sep 24, 2009.

1. steve19137

steve19137 New Member

so i learned, rather suddenly that super mario rpg doesnt work on snes4iphone. is there a fix for it? either to the emu itself or the rom?
  2. palyons

palyons New Member

Device:
    iPad
    Super Mario RPG likely won't ever work on the iphone/ipod touch at all. If it does I would be surprised. About 10 years or so ago (when snes emulation on PCs was relatively new) there was a bad rom of S.M. RPG for emulators which didn't work all that great. And when a good dump of the rom finally came, there was still a lot of problems getting it emulated properly. So chances are it won't be playable on a portable emulator any time soon.
  3. lightningdude

lightningdude New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Super Mario RPG, while being a great game, is a massive game in and of itself. The game itself read on the SNES differently, and that's why it has a hard time being emulated well. Blame Nintendo and Square-Enix. Good luck getting it to work, if you try.
  4. Mookler

Mookler Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    While it was slower than the average game, super mario RPG did actually used to work on an old version of the SNES4iPhone emulator
  5. steve19137

steve19137 New Member

square was part of deving sm rpg? i thought they would have been busy w/ the next big ff title at the time.