Is there a fail-proof Jailbreak method at all?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by m26k9, Nov 6, 2007.

1. m26k9

m26k9 New Member

Hey guys...

I tried to jailbreak my iPot soon as I bought it and messed it up.. used the automatic method... had a hard time restoring it... and now I'm a bit skeptical about jailbreaking...

Many are very confident that screwing up a jailbreaking can be "always" undone by restoring.. but reading threads I see that few ppl actually get the "cannot restore this device..." error... and I hate to be one of that "few" people...

Please Register or Log in to view images

I just want to know from you guys from the three methods, 1) Manual method (command screen), 2) Automatic (touchfree) and, 3) no PC (downloading from wifi directly), which one is the safest or has a higher success rate? and which method is less likely to screw the system badly even if it fails??

I know some ppl have tried more than one method.. so your experience will be greatly valued.. as I'm palnning to jailbreak this friday...

Thanks heaps guys..
  2. Rawd

Rawd New Member

Use the no pc method. It is flawless.

Anyone who has complained about not being able to restore, is not doing it properly. I am yet to hear that someone hasn't been able to restore (unless it was a hardware failure)
  3. AlexRADL

AlexRADL Retired Moderator

jailbreakme.com
  4. Blake

Blake Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    slovix.com/touchfree/jb
  5. m26k9

m26k9 New Member

Thanks for the replies guys...

Do I just have to go to jailbreakme.com from Safari and the rest will be done automatically? Is it like the no PC method?

I first did the touchfree method and it froze at "going" to 2nd step and had to restore the iPot.. So i'm not comfoprtable doing it the touchfree way...

How abt the manual method?
    And the no pc method.. is it possible that site will try screw up the system purposely.. u know... I mean how do we know it is a "trusted" site?

Thanks for the replies guys.. and sorry for being fussy about this.. its just that I dont have $300 dollars to play around with

Also does jailbreaking void the warranty?

6. m26k9

m26k9 New Member

Also got a noob question...

It is my understanding that clicking installer.app icon will give me a list of apps which I can choose and install like notes, weather, etc...
    But what is this about "folders"..? I searched around but didnt find an answer..only problems.. why would I need or need to care about these "folders".. I saw people complaining about folders not being in there correct places or not being able to "find" folders.. why would I need folders for?

Also what is the use of "summerboard"...?
    If my need is to install some apps, do I need to care about it?
    I'm sorry for the noob questions but if somebody can even direct me to link where I can read about it, that would be great... thanks a million guys....
  7. Rawd

Rawd New Member

Installer will only give you third party apps. You need to wifi into your ipod touch to drag and drop certain other applications into it.. such as Iphone applications, and nes roms. Do a forum (google) search for SSH
  8. m26k9

m26k9 New Member

oh ok.. cool.. thanks buddy.....