Is there a difference between 3G and 3G[S] LCD

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ripply, Jul 23, 2010.

1. ripply

ripply Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Is there a difference between the 3G and 3G LCD screen?

The reason I'm asking is because I replaced the front panel on my 3G, but had to open it up again since I forgot to take the stickers off. In the process I ripped ribon #2, again I went and bought a new front panel thinking everything will be fine. Well it's not.. I have the white screen of death, and it's not a software issue.

Anyway I also have a 3G which I'm curently using. I guess the adhesive tape is coming off since at the top of the screen the black color has started to disappear and is transparent. So I was thinking if I buy one of these on eBay. Would I be able to use the LCD that comes with it with my 3G? I just need the front pannel for my 3G otherwise I have no use for the LCD, but seeing they sell alone for 35 dollars I was thinking of buying it this way.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Apple-iPhone-3G...ewItem&pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item43a06e92da
  2. RoYaLx

RoYaLx Member

Device:
    HTC One
    The displays look the same, but the ribbons attaching them to the logic board vary between the devices, so they will not work.
  3. ripply

ripply Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Ok thanks for the info
  4. Bubalooshi

Bubalooshi Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    The 3GS has an oleophobic coating on the screen, if that counts.

That tries to prevent fingerprints and smudges.