Is there a cheaper browser available than Safari?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by felixen, Aug 16, 2009.

1. felixen

felixen Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    What I mean by cheaper is if I use Safari in a different country , it will cost a lot of money since it loads a lot of data. I think the browser on my current phone, Ericsson 905 (damn imma miss that one), is cheaper to use because it doesnt show the page the same way as a computer or an iPhone does. So I'm thinking it loads less data and hence is cheaper to use. If this is correct, is there a browser or a setting on the iPhone 3g S (getting it in a few days) that lets me browse the internet but doesn't load all the unnecessary goodness?

Oh and I would prefer one on App Store since I dont know if imma jailbreak it yet (hate having to restore each time theres an update, cause I always lose all app data)
  2. matt1990

matt1990 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    there is an application (unsure of price or name) that only downloads text and images if you want them too. its exactlt like a mobile phone browser. but i cant for the life of me find it. ive just checked the app store. i know of it because it was on the featured page less than a month ago!
  3. felixen

felixen Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I see.. Maybe it was taken down for some reason? Sounds like its exactly what I was looking for