Is there a Boot Logo Maker tool ?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by Music=Life, Apr 6, 2009.

1. Music=Life

Music=Life Banned

is there a tool to make yoru own bootlogo for ipod touch i wanna make my own but i dont have photoshop or anything
    i try to use it on quickfreedom but all my cousom boot logos say transparency is not reconized or something like

so i was wondering has anyone made a bootlogo maker to help maybe like some GUI tool or something
  2. redsn0wshoes

redsn0wshoes New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    jesus christ man....

... you didnt search at all, did you? There's a thread right above yours about this very subject!
  3. Music=Life

Music=Life Banned

there is no thread about it i looked and searched for it and didnt find a thing so befor you go jump on someone think about what your gonna say then get details
  4. Nathan B

Nathan B Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Are you sure? Here is a thread about the release of a boot logo maker, it was 4 threads below yours
  5. Music=Life

Music=Life Banned

thank you man ya i searched on here and didnt find anything and then again that post was posted 10 min ago so it did not show up when i looked it up
    people just need to think befor they talk instead of jumping the gun on that
    it just happen i post this thread the same thims the other guy did
  6. Nathan B

Nathan B Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    no problem man
  7. Alok

Alok New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    RedTool
    QuickFreedom
    iPodTouch2G hackers
    Pumaxxxxxxxx (I forgot the name)

That's 4 at the top of my head....
  8. Music=Life

Music=Life Banned

those are not bootlogo makers those are jailbreak toolswhere you can chose a custom boot logo

i am talking about a tool where you can make your own custom bootlogos
  9. Alok

Alok New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    To make your own, use photoshop

Please Register or Log in to view images

lol
  10. yasha613

yasha613 New Member

Creating/converting your own custom png file for a replacement logo/restore screen:

Background:
    To make your own logo's you need to:
    convert/create then save an image as png format.
    This PNG format image has to have at least 1 transparent pixel
    be 320x480 in the canvas size (overall picture dimensions in pixels).
    And be saved as less than 200k in filesize!
    You can do this easily with Paint.net which is freeware.

Note:
    I usually just crop/resize down a picture to below the 320(width)x480(height) dimensions, then just make the actual canvas size 320x480, so it meets the dimension requirement without losing anything I want of the picture, and then do the below to the extra canvas that's created.

Actual Instructions:
    1. Select what you want to make transparent using the selection tool in paint.net
    **Anything you make transparent will show up black on the ipod when used as a logo/restore screen.
    2. Hit the delete key(or right-click and delete), this will remove that piece and make it transparent.
    3. Save as png, just keep the filesize below 200k and make sure it saves the transparent pixels.
    4. Make sure paint.net saved with your transparent pixel(s), it will turn them white or black if your changing the color depth, thus negating the transparent pixel(s) you made and you'll have to redo it/them after you save, then save a second time.
    5. Import into your custom firmware with quickfreedom or redtool, etc.

Extra notes:

If you get an error code 6 on restore and it throws you back into it, your image is seen as invalid. Redo your logo(s).

And yeah, I searched before here and couldn't find anything specific on actually how to create a valid one to import, mainly for the same reason as this thread. Anytime someone would ask, some smack(s) would respond with something stupid and completely unhelpful rather than just letting someone who would take the 5mins to help post first instead. I had to find a youtube vid on it to figure it out.

Edit: I copied and started this as a separate thread in the Themes and Customization section, so hopefully it can be searched easier and perhaps one of the mod's will sticky it there.