iOS 4.1 Is the iPod touch 4g worth buying if you have the 2g ?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Louis_iPodTouchFan, Sep 20, 2010.

1. Louis_iPodTouchFan

Louis_iPodTouchFan New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Hi there !
    I wanted to ask if it was worth buying the new iPod touch if i already own the 2g ? Why did you buy it ? And are there not too many problems on the new iPod touch 4g ?

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. WOWLOL

WOWLOL New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    it really depends on what you're using it for. if you're just into plain music playback, stick with the 2G. if you game, have lots of apps, and love the new features such as the Retina Display, photo/video camera, faster CPU, 256 MB of RAM, then you'll consider getting the 4G.

i bought it because i have bought all previous iPod touch devices. i just like the improvements over each version and this one is very good.
  3. Hardkaare

Hardkaare New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Yes if feel youre apps/games are getting too slow/unresponsive to be enjoyable or usuable.

If not I think you should stick with your 2G.
  4. flamablefart

flamablefart Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Most defintely, i upgraded from a 2g and couldn't be happier... also, wrong section to post in
  5. milanov007

milanov007 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    that's why I bought another ipod touch 2G MB-model because any jailbreak will work and will stay untethered.

I had an ipod touch 2g then I sold it because I was excited about the new ipod touch 4g coming out. Then when I compared what you get for $300 on the new device with what I used to have I found out it was not worth it, so I bought another ipod touch 2g but then I found out that the MC can only be tethered jailbreaked so I sold the ipod 2g mc-model and got another 2g mb-model.

Stay with your ipod touch 2nd generation MB-model and you will be fine for a long time, and headache free!
  6. shimmy

shimmy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    • Irrelevant/off-topic posts
    IPOD TOUCH FOR SELL

ENDS IN 5 MINUTES

[removed]
  7. deadlyvirus

deadlyvirus New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Oh lawdy, is that some spam?

Anyways, definitely. Once you see the new screen in person, you won't be able to go back.
  8. milanov007

milanov007 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    no this is not a spam!!!

Please Register or Log in to view images

I have seen the new screen, and I m not saying that the new ipod touch 4g is bad, but think about it!

- $300 to buy it (that's after taxes etc)
    - for the things you mostly use it you don't get much more, the new ipod will will be used for some couple of apps, email, and music - that's all!
    - there will be no jailbreak for a long time
    - when the jailbreak comes out it will be tethered, meaning that you will have to jailbreak every time it powers off, with a 2G MB-model it is jailbroken until the firmware is changed.
  9. deadlyvirus

deadlyvirus New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Not you. shimmy. And a tethered break isn't that bad. I had to re-run blackra1n when that came out maybe 4 times ever.
  10. samethernet

samethernet Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    it is worth buying as the 2g ipod only has 128mb of ram which causes ios4 to run slower than if the device has 256mb of ram which 3g and 4g has