Is the iPhone 2g worth buying?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by €p1c, Jul 31, 2009.

1. €p1c

€p1c New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    For those that have had an iPhone 2g or have one, is it worth buying?
  2. Xhiea

Xhiea Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    its a great phone, rock solid compared to the 3G and 3GS, but its slow, and if you like browsing the internet while out and about (you might not think you will, i didn't but i use 3G so much im probably going to go over my fair usage lol) edge is fine though really, for basic browsing it suffices. Only get it if you can definately not afford a 3G/3GS because the added bonus of 3G and GPS is pretty darn good.
  3. €p1c

€p1c New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    hm okay i'd probably be using it with an ATT payasyougo plan. I'm not really a phone user..but why carry a phone and an ipod...?
  4. flashisflamable

flashisflamable New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Depends how much you going to spend. On ebay they are still like $275-$300, but on craigslist you can find them for under $200
  5. Mast3rMatt

Mast3rMatt New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Errr... Wrong, I bought my iphone 2g about 3weeks ago for $192 on ebay. On ebay you find them from $150=$250 while 3g are $280-$375

I love it but if your going to unlock it, your better off with a iphone 2g. It might seem slow but its the same speed as the iphone 3g. Compared in ram speed not Data speed. Anyway its a great 2year old smartphone that is still recent in the Tech world.
  6. 209chromatic

209chromatic Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I got my iphone 2g with one crack in the glass...Its not that bad its one tht is not big enough that yoou can see for 65 online....
  7. xbluudevilx

xbluudevilx New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    if u dont care about the looks, and knowing that u have an old version of the iphone, you should be ok. also, if u dont care about the gps chip, then yeah.. price is great too. seen them on craigslist for no more than 160 for an 8GB
  8. B4Bronco6

B4Bronco6 New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    The Iphone 2G is wonderful with AT&T PAYG. It's what I use, and I love it.
  9. bigcj55

bigcj55 Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I got my iPhone 2g for a poor condition PSP 1000.(from a good friend)

I am using pay-as-you-go. Sadly, they only have a 100mb data plan which really limited me.

Browsing isn't too slow to me, and I browse the internet, download apps, all kinds of data intensive stuff! 100mb doesn't last long at all though. Have to pace myself though.

Please Register or Log in to view images

I have had my iPhone 2G since the last half of May.
    It's survived being fully submerged in water, drops, the whole bit. The water did absolutely no damage to it by the way.

I think it truly is a good phone. Plus I use Cycorder and have a video camera, and it runs every game I throught at it fine. From NFSU to Sims 3. Just wish I had a MetroPCS sim card. They have an unlimited everything plan for 30$ a month! :O