Is the Installer app Jailbreak safe?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Jailbreak' started by Cam, Jan 31, 2008.

1. Cam

Cam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I upgraded/jailbroke to 1.1.3 using the Official Dev Team's installer app. Is this a good way to go? Can I still get the third party apps?
  2. ali.bigolo

ali.bigolo Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    what kinda question is that? firstly since you have JBed you can just find out by installing an application!! secondly why did you JB if you didn't think you could use 3rd party apps since that's really the only reason to do it (apart from the jan update).

besides you official yourself so ye it's a good way to go.
  3. mavis

mavis New Member

I used this method and everything is working EXCEPT hybrid view in Maps.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Honestly, I think every JB method is flawed somehow. iJailBreak used iPhone firmware instead of iPod firmware, the 'Official' Dev Team method uses iPod firmware but (at least for me) hybrid view doesn't work, and with both methods I keep getting the iTMS January app pack screen every time I connect my iPod to my iMac.

Meh. I hope 1.1.4 isn't such a convoluted mess ...

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. walrick

walrick New Member

The one that worked better for me was the "sh install.sh" method, the first (or second) released by the Dev Team. Unfortunately, three days later, while I was running Installer.app my iPod stopped working and I was forced to restore it.

Then I tried the Irix and Ben's method, it seemed to work fine, but five minutes later the iPod stopped working and again I was forced to restore, the iPod would only start in Restore mode.

Then I tried the Official Dev Team from Installer.app, it is working fine, even the Screenshot.app that didn't work is working now. But there is no Hybrid on Maps.app, it doesn't work anymore.

This really sucks.
  5. I_am_Mad_like_This

I_am_Mad_like_This New Member

ask nike: just do it.

no srsly, there can be a crap load of bugs especially when you download quite a lload of software. many apps that work in previous firmware my fail to work on 1.1.3