Is the incomplete removal of themes bug fixed completely?

Discussion in 'Customize 2.0 Discussions' started by bdawg923, Jun 11, 2008.

1. bdawg923

bdawg923 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I had Customize 2.0 when it was at around beta 2 or 3. I installed some themes, and then tried to uninstall them. It said the uninstall was successful. I then changed some themes in Summerboard and I noticed icons from the themes I installed and removed in Customize were overwriting icons from Summerboard themes.

For example: I installed a Wii theme in Customize. I then uninstalled it. I opened Summerboard, selected a new theme, and saw like 4-5 icons were from the Wii theme, which I uninstalled. I tried a different theme in Summerboard and that one had 4-5 icons from the Wii theme (not the same ones as the other theme). Also, some sliders were Wii-themed.

I was forced to manually remove every Wii icon, slider, and image from my iPod and I removed Customize soon after.

So I am wondering whether this issue/bug still exists in Customize or is it safe to install and use again?
  2. bdawg923

bdawg923 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
  3. bdawg923

bdawg923 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Anyone know? I asked in the Customize forums and after like a week, nobody answered.
  4. f1av0rflave

f1av0rflave Banned

you need to apply the original backup before you apply a different theme, in order to completely get rid of the old theme
  5. bdawg923

bdawg923 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    So if I download Customize today and install a theme, clicking "Uninstall" won't completely, you know, uninstall it, unless I apply my original backup?
  6. bdawg923

bdawg923 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch